jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
you know the value plummeted... right? unless Ford cloned the Numbers, the car is no longer a Numbers matching car. The GT350R is the same way... another 2 guys got ford to buy it back when the motor died.

I never bought the car as an investment, it’s a toy, so resale value means nothing to me. The only reason I even mentioned the buy back is I didn’t think Ford would get me back on the road so fast. I’m still getting miles of smiles out of the 500, even with a non-#’s matching car. So I’m all good.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
@EliteGeeks , I appreciate your concern, and I did reply to your original post but I’ll expand. IMO if you’re buying a car as an investment or even just owning a car to flip in a few years/months. I could say every mile you put on it decreases the value? You essentially buy a car and hide it in the garage just to wipe the dust to look at it.
Life’s been pretty good to me, I’ve got a very successful business, even this virus hasn’t affected my income. So in my case I look at my toys a bit different than maybe you do? I buy things to drive and enjoy in the moment. I taught my kids to drive a manual transmission in my GT350 and my 70’ Mach. Some would never consider this.
I really appreciate Ford Performance designing and engineering this fantastic car, and how I enjoy it so much! I thank Ford in making the needed repair in good time. In short @EliteGeeks, I’ll be ok, but thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Well said.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I never bought the car as an investment, it’s a toy, so resale value means nothing to me. The only reason I even mentioned the buy back is I didn’t think Ford would get me back on the road so fast. I’m still getting miles of smiles out of the 500, even with a non-#’s matching car. So I’m all good.
Exactly!

I bought mine to be a car of enjoyment for me, and as a family heirloom. I will get my "miles of smiles" during my life, and pass it dow to my kids, like my dad did his car. At the end of the day, my kids will care more that the car was mine, and not care what has happened to the value. Not everyone, in fact I will go as far to say just the opposite, buys cars for value.

I am so happy for you that Ford took good car of you. You are 100% wight, had you entered the buy it back program, you wouldn't be enjoying one right now, that's a fact.

Be safe buddy!

Sponsored

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I even with the replacement engine, I guarantee there’s a lot of people out there waiting on vin’s and production dates would love to be in my position. To actually own and poses this 500! I still feel extremely lucky to having taken such an early produced 500!! Diminishing value?? Lol appreciate the support guys thanks

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Investment.. lol !! that's 11-12 GT500 kooky talk !! They'd rather roll it out of the garage than fire her up cause undo wear diminishes the value :giggle:

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
JB...I have a little something for you that will fill that SC void very nicely. :wink:

JBs motor.png

Build plaque.jpg
View attachment 475887
That was my original engine builder! The tech was actually nice enough to save mine, so I double faced taped it back on. Please tell me that’s your engine and you took delivery?

Snakebite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
That was my original engine builder! The tech was actually nice enough to save mine, so I double faced taped it back on. Please tell me that’s your engine and you took delivery?
No sir...not mine.

I knew that Carrie was your builder so I acquired the plaque to make your engine swap "whole"...lol.

Well, I have it and will be happy to send it to you. PM me your info and I will drop it in the mail...unless of course you will be back in SW Florida anytime soon and we can connect.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
No sir...not mine.

I knew that Carrie was your builder so I acquired the plaque to make your engine swap "whole"...lol.

Well, I have it and will be happy to send it to you. PM me your info and I will drop it in the mail...unless of course you will be back in SW Florida anytime soon and we can connect.
@Snakebite , thank you so much! Even though the tech saved mine, it’s got a few nicks in the edges from the removal. PM sent
Sadly South Florida is probably a few months off.

OP
OP
jwhite

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely the core of how great this community is. Great work Snakebite!
Sponsored