Sponsored

fold down seat / bike as luggage?

ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Has anyone been able to determine if the S550 fold down rear seat can accommodate a full sized, adult bicycle (frame size 58cm)?

I want a coupe if and only if I can carry a bicycle inside the car. Currently I carry a bike inside a '12 Focus hatchback - easily. On a bike, I can quickly remove the front wheel to make the length work (and do with the Focus). I can also easily remove the left pedal (to easily keep the chain/drive side of the bike up), the saddle and seat post (to clear the shock towers) and twist the handlebars (to lie flat and parallel to the bike frame).

I drive from Wyoming to Arizona frequently and want to carry a bicycle with me.

Any comment from those who have seen the carrying capacity with the rear seat folded or from any Ford personnel who have loaded a bike in an S550 coupe?

Thanks - ranchero -
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I can fit a road bike in my 2010 after taking off the front wheel and putting down the back seats. With the lower deck loading height, more room in the trunk, wider opening and a taller passthrough, I think it will be even easier to fit one in this car.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
FWIW, I could fit my bicycle (46cm Surly Pacer) into my sister's 2012 convertible's trunk. It required both wheels removed, but I expect that the coupe will be much more accommodating.
Sponsored