Foglight Bulbs for Non-USA Vert Owners

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
For those of you who have the H11 Halogen Bulbs installed instead of the LED's like they in the USA-spec Mustangs...Here is an idea I finished today. Since I have a Canadian-spec Mustang, I bought LED replacements and installed them.

I am a lousy mechanic, so it took me close to an hour to install them. However, installation is quite straightforward.

The LED bulbs have 4 LED's, which seems to have greater brilliance than the 2 LED bulbs I first tried. The connections can be somewhat hard to connect-listen for the click to know you have a good connection.

Be bright out there...

CVCashmere
IMG_0374.jpg
IMG_0378.jpg
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I did the same, but I didn’t have the time to install them yet. Installation is easy, I will simply remove the belly pan and do all the work from underneath. Will post pictures and the eBay link after I fit them.

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
MakStand

I went in from the fender liner after I turned the wheel to the inside. I didn't trust going under my car with my jack, and I lack jack stands. Four plastic fasteners were easy to remove.

CVCashmere

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
It's so funny how we always want what we don't have. My US 2017 came with the LED fogs. I removed that, had to put new housings that would accept H11 bulbs, and put PIAA yellow fogs. You're going the other direction. I love it.

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
It's so funny how we always want what we don't have. My US 2017 came with the LED fogs. I removed that, had to put new housings that would accept H11 bulbs, and put PIAA yellow fogs. You're going the other direction. I love it.
"I live my life pursuing chaos...."

CVCashmere

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^ I like that comment. Aren’t we all? After all the entropy of the universe keeps increasing. It seems that the Mustang community also plays a significant role in that.

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My foglights are pointing literally to the ground, 4 feet in front of Mustang, they need to be adjusted upwards at least, I don't see any adjustment to them and then maybe new bulbs.

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Victory-RC

There is hope for you! Foglights are designed to focus low. however, if you remove 4 fasteners and pry open the inner fender, you will find an adjustment wheel to raise or lower the lights. Try that before replacing your bulbs or the LED unit.

CVCashmere

My foglights are pointing literally to the ground, 4 feet in front of Mustang, they need to be adjusted upwards at least, I don't see any adjustment to them and then maybe new bulbs.

victory-rc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' , premium ,10 speed, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Victory-RC

There is hope for you! Foglights are designed to focus low. however, if you remove 4 fasteners and pry open the inner fender, you will find an adjustment wheel to raise or lower the lights. Try that before replacing your bulbs or the LED unit.

CVCashmere
It has a adjustment ?... OK I want to see if I can find that. ... Thank you.
Sponsored