Sponsored

Fog Lights in the Grill for 2015?

Should the 2013 Mustang keep the fog lights in the grill?

• Yes, I think they should stay.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • No way, I don't think they would look good.

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Maybe, if they made them smaller or more understated.

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
Apparently I'm on a lighting kick, but since the last poll had a clear victor maybe this one will see a variety of opinions. So here it goes.

Assuming that Ford is indeed ditching the retro looks and moving to a more Evos inspired look, should Ford keep the fog lights in the grill or move them to a more conventional location?

I personally think that they would look out of place on a more modern looking Mustang. Maybe there is a way to make it look good, but most of the renders I've seen that include these just don't look right. So I vote no on the big grill fogs.
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Honestly I would have preferred on the 2013 refresh they got rid of the lights in the grille all together. It's definitely retro and wouldn't look right in a modern design.

fastback69

I'd really like to see it return if they can make it more modern to match the rest of the car. It's been a part of the car for so long and I'm wondering where the Mustang cues are going to be if that is removed as well.

OP
OP
Allerick

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
I'd really like to see it return if they can make it more modern to match the rest of the car. It's been a part of the car for so long and I'm wondering where the Mustang cues are going to be if that is removed as well.
I can see where you are coming from, but fogs in the grill disappeared since the fox body I think. I could be wrong, but all the mustangs from the 90's and 00's (pre 2005 of course) did not have them. I think it would be cool if they could work them in, but I guess I just don't see them being integral to the identity of the Mustang. Just my opinion though.

KingofQueens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Im a fan of the in grille foglights. I know a lot of the s197s swap them out for billets grilles but I like em there in the middle. Actually useful unlike those on the california special lol.

Sponsored

fastback69

I can see where you are coming from, but fogs in the grill disappeared since the fox body I think. I could be wrong, but all the mustangs from the 90's and 00's (pre 2005 of course) did not have them. I think it would be cool if they could work them in, but I guess I just don't see them being integral to the identity of the Mustang. Just my opinion though.
Don't get me wrong, I drive a Boss 302 so fogs (high or low) are not that big of a deal to me obviously but it's not exactly the standard Mustang look to me.

You're right about the pre 2005 ones but a return to that with a more distinctly modern design (like those days) will probably cause the same initial "it doesn't look like a Mustang" reaction from people..

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I removed mine in my 13 and opted for a Boss Grille. Dropped in the CS/GT ones instead.

DJ

I like the look and voted to keep them even tho I understand it might not work on the new design.

The problem is the slim cut headlights will pretty much make any grill mounted fog lights look goofy.

DarkAgent10

DSC06832.jpg

i dont think its a retro or modern thing....

considering there was either a very small grill or none at all in the fox/sn95 for fogs to be mounted in it of course they didnt put it there.

but the spy shots are showing a pretty large one in the s550 so it could work.

Sponsored

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I really think Ford will take a page from the SN95 days and just make it more modern. If you were to squint and stretch the front of that Cobra back, I could see an Evos like nose.

ThunderHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
OW EcoBeast
Lavien,
I agree. In my opinion the SN95s were one of the most forward looking mustangs, especially the new edge models.

For Example :

Look how clean, futuristic a new edge cobra looks. Absolutely brilliant.

OP
OP
Allerick

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Now that we have a better idea of what the front will look like, has anyone's opinion on the fogs in the grill changed? Does it look more like a possibility or less?

ThunderHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
OW EcoBeast
Now that we have a better idea of what the front will look like, has anyone's opinion on the fogs in the grill changed? Does it look more like a possibility or less?
Nope!!!! the fact that it reminds me of an sn95 + S197 like I hoped makes me very happy. no need for grill lights, bottom fogs well do just fine

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Ain't gonna happen. They can remain with S197 once the program is done.
Sponsored