Sponsored

Fog Lights go out with turn signal

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
I was sitting at a light the other day with my blinker on and took notice in the reflection of the car in front of me that my fog light was out. I then came to another intersection and it was back on. When I got home I did some testing and found when the turn signal is engaged, the corresponding fog light on that side of the car goes out.

Does anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
This is not an issue, this is normal so that other drivers can see your turn signal better. Audi I know has the same feature..

Salt Ninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Premium with 50 Years Pkg
Yes this is normal. I can see where it helps others see your signal. I'm with you, though, it doesn't look so good. I see it on other Makes/Models as well.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
This is not an issue, this is normal so that other drivers can see your turn signal better. Audi I know has the same feature..
"Feature" as in requirement by Feds....they don't want any other non-head light being confused with the turn signal.

jody858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
You can modify this behavior if you don't mind jumping through a few hoops and doing some research.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

I disabled my fog lights from turning off when the blinker comes on and when I use high beams. I also disabled the horn when the FOB leaves the car while running. There are other things you can do, but those were the only 3 changes I was interested in.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Most all new cars do it now.
Sponsored