Sponsored

Fob buttons getting pressed in pocket

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
This 2016 GT is the first vehicle I've ever owned with a key fob. It's a manual transmission, and since Ford doesn't think they can safely put remote start on a handshaker (that's a topic for another time), there is absolutely no point in any of the buttons on my key fob. The door unlocks when I grab the handle, and locks when I press the "lock pad". The trunk opens with a quick press of the button and ...well... I don't panic.

The only feature the fob buttons offer that I find useful is opening the windows.

What are your solutions for not accidentally popping the trunk?

I'm very close to pulling the silicone pad out of one of the fobs so the buttons don't work.
Sponsored

CentralVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD !!!!
I've never had that happen but it is the only thing in my left pocket.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
They should start putting lock/unlock switches on these fobs or recess the buttons.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
you could try a "Keyfob RFID Signal Blocking Bag". This one is $30 on amazon. Not that cheap, and if it works, you would have to take it out of your pocket to unlock the car.

I am not sure what was wrong with the old fashioned key. You don't have to worry about damaging them, getting it wet, or batteries failing. And you could get a duplicate for $10. Am I missing something? :shrug:

OP
OP
TexasRebel

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
you could try a "Keyfob RFID Signal Blocking Bag". This one is $30 on amazon. Not that cheap, and if it works, you would have to take it out of your pocket to unlock the car.

I am not sure what was wrong with the old fashioned key. You don't have to worry about damaging them, getting it wet, or batteries failing. And you could get a duplicate for $10. Am I missing something? :shrug:
Old fashioned keys? :crazy:
S550s don't run on old fashioned keys...

Sponsored

OP
OP
TexasRebel

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
They should start putting lock/unlock switches on these fobs or recess the buttons.
It does't even have to be a lock... maybe just an Operators Presence type button on the side so you have to push and hold one button before any of the others respond. Like the grip safety on a 1911...

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Last edited:

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I had to shift the pocket I use to my left pocket. I kept getting into the car, my thigh would bump the handbrake just right to set off the panic alarm.

Sponsored

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
I had to shift the pocket I use to my left pocket. I kept getting into the car, my thigh would bump the handbrake just right to set off the panic alarm.

This has happened to me a couple times in the past 2 weeks. Guess it's time to switch pockets.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
I keep my fob in my pocket with the buttons against my leg. That way nothing gets bumped. So far it works good, no buttons have been pushed.

ytechie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Yellow Prem Convertible Ecoboost
I use a carabiner on a belt loop. Don't even have to put the keys in my pocket!

GDP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Base Deep Impact
Yeah im fat and my fat ass thighs have already hit the panic button and was at work with the alarm going off without me realizing it till someone told me.

2013HDRGC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT Premium PP
I somehow managed to pop the trunk twice in a row the other day, my new exercise program...:headbonk:
Sponsored