Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I confess, most of my new ideas and procedures come about after watching OG car wash clips. <grin> Matt has learned a few things over the years and thanks to YT, many can emulate. As an example, after watching him duit, I tried using PS Brake Buster with the foam cannon the other day on the Shelby wheels and then again yesterday on the wife's wheels. Surprisingly, the stuff yielded foam that was 90 percent as thick as CG's "Snow Foam." Surprised the heck out of me but it sure beats using pump spray bottles and it really helped with the barrel brushing.

1622452523229.png

I bought two cannon jars when I got the pw thinking I would use the second one for Griot's Poly Wash. But unfortunately, while initial results were positive, over time I found that using Poly Wash didn't yield the result I wanted and it hindered the ability to do a decent spray wax afterward.

So, the second jar is now kept full of Brake Buster and I think I'll get s second cannon so I'm not screwing and unscrewing the metal/plastic threads frequently.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I confess, most of my new ideas and procedures come about after watching OG car wash clips. <grin> Matt has learned a few things over the years and thanks to YT, many can emulate. As an example, After washing him duit, I tried using PS Brake Buster with the foam cannon the other day on the Shelby wheels and then again yesterday on the wife's wheels. Surprisingly, the stuff yielded foam that was 90 percent as thick as CG's "Snow Foam." Surprised the heck out of me but it sure beats using pump spray bottles and it really helped with the barrel brushing.

1622452523229.png

I bought two cannon jars when I got the pw thinking I would use the second one for Griot's Poly Wash. But unfortunately, while initial results were positive, over time I found that using Poly Wash didn't yield the result I wanted and it hindered the ability to do a decent spray wax afterward.

So, the second jar is now kept full of Brake Buster and I think I'll get s second cannon so I'm not screwing and unscrewing the metal/plastic threads frequently.
I would highly recommend a separate foam cannon to avoid cross-contaminating your soap with Brake Buster, which is highly alkaline.

I too use a foam cannon for cleaning wheels, although I just use soap rather than wheel cleaner.

g5.jpg

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
A VERY good reason for having two, DFB, and one I hadn't thought about although I do flush it clean every time before soap foaming.

So, I presume you are able to get all the brake dust off with just foamed soap? I still get a fair amount even with PowerStop pads so me thinks it would be more effort on my part if I only used soap.

We obviously have the same cannon rig. Kinda hard to screw that up, isn't it? The only lousy foam I ever had, (and still thought I was king of the hill,) was with a cheapo electric PW and Meguiar's or CG's cannon, I forget. Very watery, short-lived foam, I didn't use it much. But now, I couldn't get by without it and I bet you agree. :cool:

Gonna give some more money to Matt right now for a second gun...oops, can't say that word these days...make it "a second foaming thing." <chuckling>

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I get the brake dust off with normal soap, most likely due to regular cleaning and good protection.

If you go for another MTM PF22.2, order an extra tube as a spare part in case the Brake Buster degrades it over time.
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/collections/foam-cannons/products/pf22-2-longer-tube

Also, I notice OG sell the older style of foam cannons, which could save you some cash. I have and still use my older one and it works almost as good as the MTM.

dec303.jpg

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, D, but I may have a section of that tubing already. I'll check and if not, I'll add one or two replacements...thanks for the tip.

Also, roger on the older cannon but for a few bux, I expect I'll just get another MTM. OCD, don'tcha know. :-)

Sponsored

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
I use this same set-up, separate foam cannon set-up I had awhile back for the brake buster. I’m still always on the hunt for wheel cleaners, I like Brake Buster diluted, just seems to strong 1:1. I noticed Matt (OG) is swapping over to B&B Slipstream from Beadmaker as a Drying Aid. It’s good stuff-something to keep an eye out for when available.🇺🇸

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I'm currently doing a 50/50 BB/H2O in the "foamer" and I agree, full-strength in the jar is too concentrated despite the water mix at the PW.

Edit: And now that I've found Reload, I don't think I'll be using BeadMaker in the future. I'll take that back, I still have to coat the F250..ugh so until that happens, I'll still be using it.

Nonetheless, I love the idea of going a month or even two without needing to be waxed and once again, touching the clear with a rag and something or other. I think I may have finally found the answer. Yeah, I'm slow on the uptake sometimes. <grin>

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I'm currently doing a 50/50 BB/H2O in the "foamer" and I agree, full-strength in the jar is too concentrated despite the water mix at the PW.

Edit: And now that I've found Reload, I don't think I'll be using BeadMaker in the future. I'll take that back, I still have to coat the F250..ugh so until that happens, I'll still be using it.

Nonetheless, I love the idea of going a month or even two without needing to be waxed and once again, touching the clear with a rag and something or other. I think I may have finally found the answer. Yeah, I'm slow on the uptake sometimes. <grin>
I use Brake Buster straight up as a tire cleaner or on neglected wheels, it works REAL GOOD! :like:

Make sure not to overdo the use of Reload, for more regular use try EliXir. This is effectively CarPro's quick detailer / drying aid and is a mix of Reload cut with the their water-less wash, ECH2o.

jun74.jpg

OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
D: Are you sure you don't work for CarPro? <BIG grin>

10-4 on reload, I was planning on every six months. Now that I know about Elixir, thanks to you, I'll give it a whirl. As always, many thanks, amigo.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
D: Are you sure you don't work for CarPro? <BIG grin>

10-4 on reload, I was planning on every six months. Now that I know about Elixir, thanks to you, I'll give it a whirl. As always, many thanks, amigo.
Work for CarPro? I WISH!! 😁

Reload every 6 months would be fine. I knew of someone who using it weekly as a drying aid, just too much and not needed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kilobravo

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Copy that, D, and I have a 4l bottle of Elixir enroute along with some Dlux. :-) VERY anxious to test Elixir, it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for as a post-wash treatment.

Thanks again, amigo.

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I'm also a fan of Break Buster, but I only use it on the wheels and breaks. I use an Adams Pump Sprayer for this.

I use Super Clean (non-diluted) with a Manshine Tire Brush for the tires.

I'm a big fan of Gyeon Products and I'm going to purchase their Q2M Wheel Cleaner with "Iron". This could be something I could use when I perform a full Detail/Polish/Wax during the fall and spring seasons.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Copy that, D, and I have a 4l bottle of Elixir enroute along with some Dlux. :-) VERY anxious to test Elixir, it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for as a post-wash treatment.

Thanks again, amigo.
You are going to be busy!

I applied DLUX to all of the unpainted lower skirts/rear diffuser and front splitter. I also did the fog lamp surrounds, grill surrounds, door window trims, wing mirror casings and wiper arm surrounds. You can also apply it to headlamps and tail lamps.

IMG_6865.jpg

IMG_6866.jpg

IMG_6869.jpg

IMG_6868.jpg

In preparation for the DLUX, wash the car as normal, cleaning down the plastics surfaces with an APC to remove the 303 you applied, make sure to thoroughly rinse the APC residue. Once dried, use Eraser or similar to remove any remaining residues. From memory, you need to allow the Eraser to evaporate for 20+ min on plastic surfaces.

With EliXir, less is more, apply to much and it will streak badly. I know that can be hard to grapple with, we want more shine so we use more product, right?

I use two towels when using a product like this, one for the initial wipe, and one for the final buff. Firstly, prime your towel with a couple of sprays then a couple very light sprays per panel. However, I would imagine EliXir would be a little less fussy when used on a surface already coated with a CarPro ceramic coating.

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
DFB - I use CSL for the same black trim shown above. Have you previously used CSL on the trim?
If so - what characteristics do you see with DLUX over CSL? I’m interested in trying it out in the future. My drivers side door sill & by the speaker always get abused from my goon foot getting in & out. Thanks!
Sponsored