Sponsored

FLOWMASTER FORCE II AXLE BACK EXHAUST

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Just a heads up in case any one was interested but according to late model restoration this flowmaster kit is shipping out March 2nd. Curious how it sounds on the 2015. : )
Sponsored

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Just a heads up in case any one was interested but according to late model restoration this flowmaster kit is shipping out March 2nd. Curious how it sounds on the 2015. : )
Be the guinea pig ;);)

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I'd love to hear how it sounds. I like the combo of the Roush axle backs with the shorty headers, but I don't want to spend the money on the headers, especially if I have to throw additional money on for installation. If the flowmasters sound good without the rasp, I'm in.

OP
OP
Bay1Stang

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Be the guinea pig ;);)
I would if I didn't have to cut the stock exhaust off. : (

Maybe there's some flowmaster fans out there, though.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
If they stay at the $470 price on LMR when they are available, I just may get them. American Muscle is showing about $570.

That's basing it off of what I was able to hear on youtube for a 2014 V6....

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bay1Stang

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
When I get out of work I'm gonna look up some of those videos but the resonator on the 2015 should change the sound.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I had some other posts, but I'm deleting them and posting everything here.

Flowmaster is showing their American Thunder series exhaust for the 2015 V6 here http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=13470

Note that the part number (P/N) is 817681. This is the only version they show for the V6, and it is supposed to be an aggressive sounding system. This is NOT the Force II system, which is supposed to be a tamer, less aggressive sound.

Flowmaster is showing this as not available, but when I asked about it on their Facebook page, they said it was available to ship if you called. Their price is $482.

Stage 3 Motorsports has the American Thunder axle back system, P/N 817861 listed for pre-order here http://www.stage3motorsports.com/817681-2015-Mustang-V6-Flowmaster-Force-II-Axle-Back-Kit.html

They are listed at $459, but today only they have an 11% discount for their birthday celebration. They don't have a date listed, and when I called they checked and said it would be a week or two. These guys have a deal where if send 4 pics, you get a $20 rebate (which is def listed for this system), and another $30 if you post an installation guide (unknown if this system qualifies for this).

Late Model Restoration has the Force II system listed here http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...g-Flowmaster-Force-II-Axle-Back-Exhaust-23-37

Note that it has the same P/N 817681, so assuming the Flowmaster P/N is correct, this is actually the American Thunder system. Like S3M, it is $459, but they do not have a date listed and you cannot pre-order. They do have a $50 rebate if you purchase in March http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/Flowmaster-Exhaust-Rebate

American Muscle has the Force II system listed here http://www.americanmuscle.com/flowmaster-forceii-axleback-2015v6eco.html

Again, it has the same P/N 817681, so it is most likely an American Thunder system. Plus, they want $565. Ouch!

I pre-ordered from Stage 3, and after the 11% off, I paid $409 with no tax and free shipping.

I'll definitely post here when I hear they are shipping and I'll post video of before and after when I get them installed.

OP
OP
Bay1Stang

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
To be honest I looked at vids of the force II on youtube of the previous gen and I didn't care for it too much. I've heard good things about American Thunder for the GT, though.

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
Ok, I just went and looked at the Flowmaster on-line catalog: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/catalog/Flowmaster_Catalog_2015_WEB/

On page 28, it has the axle back system for the 2015 V6 listed with the same P/N 817681, but calls it a Force II system, with 60 series mufflers, which are pretty tame.

Doing a search by vehicle on the main Flowmaster page gets you here: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?...del=688&submodel=20&engine=2547&category=0&kw=

It calls the P/N 817681 system an American Thunder series, and says it uses Super 10 Series mufflers, which are more aggressive.

So....bottom line is that even Flowmaster doesn't know what the hell they're making! :headbonk:

All I can say is that I have pre-ordered a P/N 817681 axle back muffler system that may or may not consist of 1 or 2 or possibly more mufflers of the Super 10 series or maybe the 60 series, or maybe even the 50 Series heavy duty to install on a dually diesel truck, that may or may not fit on my Mustang and may or may not require me to drop the transmission, the engine, and completely disassemble the IRS, and may or may not consist only of a microphone that I will have to zip-tie to the existing mufflers so that the exhaust noise can be pumped thru my stereo. :shrug:

The only definite is that $409 went on my card, and hopefully in a couple weeks I'll have a box show up on my door step that will have something besides bubblewrap in it.

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Ok, I just went and looked at the Flowmaster on-line catalog: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/catalog/Flowmaster_Catalog_2015_WEB/

On page 28, it has the axle back system for the 2015 V6 listed with the same P/N 817681, but calls it a Force II system, with 60 series mufflers, which are pretty tame.

Doing a search by vehicle on the main Flowmaster page gets you here: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?...del=688&submodel=20&engine=2547&category=0&kw=

It calls the P/N 817681 system an American Thunder series, and says it uses Super 10 Series mufflers, which are more aggressive.

So....bottom line is that even Flowmaster doesn't know what the hell they're making! :headbonk:

All I can say is that I have pre-ordered a P/N 817681 axle back muffler system that may or may not consist of 1 or 2 or possibly more mufflers of the Super 10 series or maybe the 60 series, or maybe even the 50 Series heavy duty to install on a dually diesel truck, that may or may not fit on my Mustang and may or may not require me to drop the transmission, the engine, and completely disassemble the IRS, and may or may not consist only of a microphone that I will have to zip-tie to the existing mufflers so that the exhaust noise can be pumped thru my stereo. :shrug:

The only definite is that $409 went on my card, and hopefully in a couple weeks I'll have a box show up on my door step that will have something besides bubblewrap in it.
I admire the courage and bravery of purchasing a product that is uknown even to the company that makes it. Hats of to you. :cheers:

Sponsored

Ugly John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT PP
I just got off the phone with Flowmaster, and he said it's definitely an American Thunder, and I should have it in about a week. :D

OP
OP
Bay1Stang

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
That's good news. Can't wait to hear it.

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Don't want to hijack thread, But i just finalized my roush axelback purchase, pretty stocked :D

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Don't want to hijack thread, But i just finalized my roush axelback purchase, pretty stocked :D
Sweet! Can't wait to hear it with the headers...

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Where did you get the axle back from?
Sponsored