Florida seeks to make street takeovers, car stunts illegal

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
The elegant, efficient solution is to have a police helicopter overfly the sideshow and drop a bucket of caltrops. Elegant but probably not legal
Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Florida is so backwards, it's funny that they're just getting around to realizing how dangerous these activities are.
As a Florida transplant from back in 1995, this is an outdated statement. Florida is a great place to live, yes we have our crazy people, but most states do. Florida is ranked 3 in the country for education and actually #1 for higher education (thanks University of Florida)

This is a public official trying to pad his resume and make headlines, nothing more. I say this because most if not all of the activities described in the article are already banned under current laws.

But the most important reason I replied to is you don't get to make fun of Floridians unless you are one! :cwl:

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Well, heck. Looks like i just need to stay home this weekend. The haters will stop laughing at Florida when De Santis get elected president.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Well, heck. Looks like i just need to stay home this weekend. The haters will stop laughing at Florida when De Santis get elected president.
1...2....3....tick tock tick tock.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
This activity is mostly centered in two southern counties that are politically unique to the rest of the state.
Not sure what that's supposed to mean. The article is talking about a state law.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Wtf are you talking about.

Haha what are they going to do against a mob of 50-250 cars?

Bring in the militarized police with water cannons and plastic bullets?

Another reason to spend all disposable income in MX LOL. I spend nearly zero disposable income in USA or Canada now just hop on a plane and in the time it takes to get a noise ticket I'm in MX haha.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Colorado had/has problems with street take-overs of a major interstate that gets you around Denver.

Ponyupnow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
It's an attempt to give the police teeth to arrest those people who block the roads with their meat sack so the cops can't pursue someone doing burnouts or whatever. Of course, like any expansion of power, yes, in theory it could be used to arrest anyone near a single person doing a burnout.
If you didn't do anything wrong......then there's nothing to fear. And why would you stop to watch a burn out???? Unless you are 5yrs old.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
How is this not illegal to begin with? Even in Los Angeles this is against the law. Doesn't stop it from happening but it is against the law.
I dont participate but I did go and spectate take overs, insane in the membrane, wrecks, smashing into each other, running from cops, tires popping/ busting off and shredding nice cars from minutes of burning out.

very entertaining. just dont like them happening around my area. the last few events, they have been citing people for parking near these, I dont know if charges stuck but hitting them with some bs citations.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Haha what are they going to do against a mob of 50-250 cars?
Hopefully open fire and kill as many people as possible and do society a favor

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I dont participate but I did go and spectate take overs, insane in the membrane, wrecks, smashing into each other, running from cops, tires popping/ busting off and shredding nice cars from minutes of burning out.

very entertaining. just dont like them happening around my area. the last few events, they have been citing people for parking near these, I dont know if charges stuck but hitting them with some bs citations.
Ya, nothing like a little anarchy to make your town nice and safe. I hope every charge sticks hard! No matter the town.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ya, nothing like a little anarchy to make your town nice and safe. I hope every charge sticks hard! No matter the town.
I mean I don’t see how you can charge someone just being in an area near chaos.

they didn’t do anythingwrong

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I mean I don’t see how you can charge someone just being in an area near chaos.

they didn’t do anythingwrong
They should get a lwayer then.

If the judge can find a law to make it stick, more power to him. I am sure the property owners want ALL of that crap out of there.

It's not so much about making it stick as it is causing pain to those contributing to the problem. The same way they are contributing to the pain of the merchants and law abiding citizens.

Anarchy is not cool. It cost innocent people money, safety and just sucks in general. Not a good direction for society.
Sponsored