Sponsored

Floored my new mustang at 650 miles and worried something got damaged

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
I feel pretty bad because I was driving at the red light one of those assholes in a lifted turbo diesel pick up truck was all revving at me and I couldn't control myself

When the light turned green I gave it some gas and he was still keeping up so then I floored it and just completely gapped him by like a train length!!!

I watched my tachometer just rev all the way up and then i realized "oh crap i only got 650 miles!! :(" hoping nothing got damaged!

At the next light I went the normal speed limit and he did the whole flyby thing. How can I check to make sure nothing got damaged?

I saw ford recommends taking it easy for first 1000 miles. Do you need to keep it under 55 first 1000 miles too?
Sponsored

gtcs20148

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
I supercharged mine at 500 Miles. I am sure it is fine.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You'll have to take it to the dealership and demand they do a complete disassembly, inspection, and re-assembly.

Demand it. It's the only way to be sure.

Pretty sure in the manual it states no more than 38MPH for the first 2,000 miles.

Last edited:

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
What others said. If you beat on it regularly during breaking, it might not be good, but it wouldn't totally ruin it either.

Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
What others said. If you beat on it regularly during breaking, it might not be good, but it wouldn't totally ruin it either.
Engines require heat and pressure to bed things in. Beating on them regularly is the best thing you can do, right from the start.

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
dude... engines are made to be used. i'm not convinced the 1000 mile break in is necessary but i do it anyways because that's what the manual says. with my cobra i heat cycled it 10 times then had it dyno tuned. its a beast, no smoke, engine is strong as hell.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Engines require heat and pressure to bed things in. Beating on them regularly is the best thing you can do, right from the start.
I don’t think you’re joking here but I agree completely. Babying the car when you first get it is the first thing that I don’t do. Drive it like you’re gonna drive it because everything will seat that way as far as I’m concerned.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Better start saving up now;

1658592052049.png

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I don’t think you’re joking here but I agree completely. Babying the car when you first get it is the first thing that I don’t do. Drive it like you’re gonna drive it because everything will seat that way as far as I’m concerned.
Definitely not joking.

Drive it off the lot like you stole it.
Sponsored