• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Flat Rock sticker on w/s

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I tried to remove the yellow sticker on my sun visor on my previous vehicle. Biggest regret ever due to the residue and pieces of sticker that was still on the visor.

I got to check my windshield to see if I still have stickers since I had the front windshield tinted. I also need to get the dealer to remove their logo off of my trunk. Not sure what they used, but it's not your typical double sided hard piece of plastic that can be removed with some floss, heat, and Goo gone.
I've purchased/leased 15 new Ford/Lincoln vehicles from the same dealership (one name change), the same salesman (except for a couple - he retired, so I bought from his son), and they have known since the very first vehicle I bought from them back in 2006 that I will walk away from any new vehicle that I ordered or am purchasing if it has any type of advertising placed on it. The only thing I overlook is the license plate frame, as that comes off ASAP anyway. Been doing this since back in the mid-1990s when I first started buying new vehicles.
Sponsored

onaccountof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
- 2024 Dark Horse -
I've purchased/leased 15 new Ford/Lincoln vehicles from the same dealership (one name change), the same salesman (except for a couple - he retired, so I bought from his son), and they have known since the very first vehicle I bought from them back in 2006 that I will walk away from any new vehicle that I ordered or am purchasing if it has any type of advertising placed on it.
It's really as simple as telling your dealer you don't want any of their badges on the car when you take delivery. That worked for me.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Mine was on there before I bought the car since it was on the lot.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's really as simple as telling your dealer you don't want any of their badges on the car when you take delivery. That worked for me.
Correct. Unfortunately, sometimes people forget to do that. Sometimes salespersons forget to convey that message to the folks doing the vehicle prep. Sometimes the salespersons do it, but those doing the prep "forget". I actually had this happen at a dealership a long, long time ago. They refused to try to remove the dealership decal because they feared it would damage the paint. I walked away.

OP
OP
samson

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Correct. Unfortunately, sometimes people forget to do that. Sometimes salespersons forget to convey that message to the folks doing the vehicle prep. Sometimes the salespersons do it, but those doing the prep "forget". I actually had this happen at a dealership a long, long time ago. They refused to try to remove the dealership decal because they feared it would damage the paint. I walked away.
My dealership decal was stuck on before I ever looked at the car. I was surprised during the financing meeting they actually offered to remove it for me if I wished, without me even asking. I was like heck yeah!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
Mine pulled off fairly easily. I stuck it on a clear piece of plastic and put it my keepsake album for the car.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine pulled off fairly easily. I stuck it on a clear piece of plastic and put it my keepsake album for the car.
I asked them to save every sticker that was on the DH when they were prepping it. They did.

I also asked them to NOT fold the window sticker when they took it off. I bought a frame for it from Amazon. Looks great hanging on the wall !!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
I asked them to save every sticker that was on the DH when they were prepping it. They did.

I also asked them to NOT fold the window sticker when they took it off. I bought a frame for it from Amazon. Looks great hanging on the wall !!
Me, too! I put together an album for my '66 convertible (inherited from my Grandma) with all of the original paperwork, pictures, etc. Doing the same for my '24 Ecoboost premium.
Sponsored