Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/01/2020-ford-mustang-bullitt-ends-production/

2020 Ford Mustang Bullitt ends production at Flat Rock plant
The last one in the chamber for fans of Highland Green

The last Ford Mustang Bullitt has rolled off the assembly line at the Blue Oval's Flat Rock, Michigan, plant. The Steve McQueen movie-inspired pony car is not on the roster for 2021, so the final car is a 2020 model, coming off the heels of a two-year production run.

The final run was confirmed by Mustang spokesperson Berj Alexanian to Ford Authority in an article published yesterday. Construction was completed sometime late last year.

The Mustang Bullitt began life in 2001 as a special edition of the SN95 Mustang GT. With a freer-breathing 4.6-liter V8 putting out five horsepower over the standard GT, an improved suspension with Tokico shocks and Cobra brakes, and Cragar-style wheels, it was built as a tribute to the 1968 film "Bullitt."

The movie featured a Highland Green '68 Fastback dueling with a same-year Dodge Charger in what is widely considered one of the greatest car chase sequences of all time. McQueen played Lt. Frank Bullitt of the San Francisco police, and the chase took place over the city's many hilly streets, resulting in spectacular jumps.

A second Bullitt edition based on the S197 chassis was built in 2008-09. It came with a 15-horsepower increase, throatier exhaust, sportier suspension, and a GT500KR rear end.

The third and final Bullitt was unveiled at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show — next to one of the original 1968 cars used in the movie, a car that had been in hiding for decades. The homage had the biggest horsepower gain of the three, a 20-pony jump to 480. Unique instrumentation, upholstery stitching, and shift knob were part of the package.

Throughout the iterations, the only two colors offered on Bullitt Mustangs were Highland Green and black (except for a Kona Blue one-off built for charity). For 2021, the Bullitt will be replaced with the Mach 1, which offers all of the Bullitt's important upgrades but will have a greater range of options and colors.
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I think there's still a good chance we'll see a Bullitt for the S650 generation...........the V8 isn't dead yet and will live to at least 2028-30.

Besides, It'll give @Tony Alonso a good excuse to update his fantastic book :)

https://www.fmb-generations.com/

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I think there's still a good chance we'll see a Bullitt for the S650 generation...........the V8 isn't dead yet and will live to at least 2028-30.

Besides, It'll give @Tony Alonso a good excuse to update his fantastic book :)

https://www.fmb-generations.com/
I didn’t even know about that book — and now I must have an expanded edition!

But it’s SOLD OUT! Drat!

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Do we know the final number on the plaque?

Sponsored

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Would have been nice to know the amount of them produced for MY19 and MY20 for the article.

D2C was the chassis for 08-09 and True Blue was also offered for the SN95 program to go with Green and Black.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I didn’t even know about that book — and now I must have an expanded edition!

But it’s SOLD OUT! Drat!
I have the standard edition of the book.............highly recommended :)

PringleMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt L3553
https://www.autoblog.com/2021/02/01/2020-ford-mustang-bullitt-ends-production/

2020 Ford Mustang Bullitt ends production at Flat Rock plant
The last one in the chamber for fans of Highland Green

The last Ford Mustang Bullitt has rolled off the assembly line at the Blue Oval's Flat Rock, Michigan, plant. The Steve McQueen movie-inspired pony car is not on the roster for 2021, so the final car is a 2020 model, coming off the heels of a two-year production run.

The final run was confirmed by Mustang spokesperson Berj Alexanian to Ford Authority in an article published yesterday. Construction was completed sometime late last year.

The Mustang Bullitt began life in 2001 as a special edition of the SN95 Mustang GT. With a freer-breathing 4.6-liter V8 putting out five horsepower over the standard GT, an improved suspension with Tokico shocks and Cobra brakes, and Cragar-style wheels, it was built as a tribute to the 1968 film "Bullitt."

The movie featured a Highland Green '68 Fastback dueling with a same-year Dodge Charger in what is widely considered one of the greatest car chase sequences of all time. McQueen played Lt. Frank Bullitt of the San Francisco police, and the chase took place over the city's many hilly streets, resulting in spectacular jumps.

A second Bullitt edition based on the S197 chassis was built in 2008-09. It came with a 15-horsepower increase, throatier exhaust, sportier suspension, and a GT500KR rear end.

The third and final Bullitt was unveiled at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show — next to one of the original 1968 cars used in the movie, a car that had been in hiding for decades. The homage had the biggest horsepower gain of the three, a 20-pony jump to 480. Unique instrumentation, upholstery stitching, and shift knob were part of the package.

Throughout the iterations, the only two colors offered on Bullitt Mustangs were Highland Green and black (except for a Kona Blue one-off built for charity). For 2021, the Bullitt will be replaced with the Mach 1, which offers all of the Bullitt's important upgrades but will have a greater range of options and colors.
News article from Ford .....but still no final production numbers. Is it really that complicated?

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
News article from Ford .....but still no final production numbers. Is it really that complicated?
Apparently as complicated as getting the 2021 Mustang Build & Price tool out live.

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Did they say if this final-production car was green or black? (Still never really understood why Ford even offered the latter color...)

Sponsored

Nexus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Goes back to Ford not having faith that a green car SE would sell. So they pushed the Blue/Black colours.
Then in its 2nd run they dropped the blue and went with just black as the alternative from then on.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That could be an old article; doesn't even have a date. I remember reading that Bullitt production ceased a while back. It's possible that it's true, I guess, but I don't even waste time reading an undated article. Even dated ones can be wrong.

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Funny timing of this announcement: my dealer has been hounding me to bring my '19 back for trade at great price. An email a day for the offer. Of course their buyback price sucks so deal for me!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just for kicks, I checked Vroom to see how much I'd get for my immaculate 2019 Bullitt with 4.4K miles, and I got $40,363. I'd consider $41K a very fair trade-in offer, so not that bad. Many dealers are offering below wholesale, which is nuts.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Just for kicks, I checked Vroom to see how much I'd get for my immaculate 2019 Bullitt with 4.4K miles, and I got $40,363. I'd consider $41K a very fair trade-in offer, so not that bad. Many dealers are offering below wholesale, which is nuts.
That is actually a decent offer. Seems like the Bullitt is holding it's value fairly well or maybe it's just due to how Covid has affected the used car market...
Sponsored