Sponsored

FL auto insurance rates for GT350/GT500

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
My insurance keeps going up like crazy in coastal South Carolina. State Farm currently insures my 2016 Mustang GT, 2017 Mercedes C300 AMG Sport, and 2022 Bronco Wildtrak for a grand total of $3400 a year. The last time I had an accident or anything reportable was in like 2007.

My Camaro is insured with American Collectors Insurance for about $300 a year. I'm actually going to move my Mustang somewhere, because I'm probably going to put less than 4,000 miles a year on it, due to the Bronco being the new daily driver.

JR
Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I just finished 20 years with the Navy. We had USAA for a long time (Virginia, Florida, and Tennessee)but eventually we saw the light once we started to actually shop around. I wouldn't recommend USAA. There are better options out there.
We went through Geico for awhile but now we have been bundled with Travelors. I have had to use them for minor home stuff and have been very satisfied. They also covered our golf cart. It was a pain to get it written in but once we did, no issues. Our insurance just went up by $200 on our 3 vehicles. We called today and they said basically due to increases across the board.
Navy Vet here too and I have wanted to use USAA for so long. All I ever heard was how great they are but every time I tried to get a quote for anything from them, it was always considerably higher than anyone else. I've been with State Farm for a few years now, I think it's time to shop around.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 GT350 is insured with Hagerty In Ma. Insurance had a stated value of $64,000 and it was $850 a year. Hagerty contacted me a said my car was underinsured and should have a value of $72,000 at cost of $986
It’s insured for that amount now.

Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Guess it's my turn...I received a notification in the mail on Saturday from State Farm indicating that my premium for this car will be going up 25%. It was a generic form letter with no other information. Perfect driving record, no claims on this car. Guess I will be following up with my agent to try and find out why. It's certainly not hurricane related in my state! Can't even get rid of the snow to get it out of the garage.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
insurance is going up like everything else.
Hagerty quotes are low but if you insure for higher limits they aren t such a bargain in my comparisons. You can not compare insurance in different locations, you can not compare insurance until you know all the liability limits and equal them out. It really is a waste of time asking other s what they pay. I can adjust my rate up or down(same company) depending on coverage. End of rant. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
insurance is going up like everything else.
Hagerty quotes are low but if you insure for higher limits they aren t such a bargain in my comparisons. You can not compare insurance in different locations, you can not compare insurance until you know all the liability limits and equal them out. It really is a waste of time asking other s what they pay. I can adjust my rate up or down(same company) depending on coverage. End of rant. :)
Hagerty was a slam dunk for my shelby's. Progressive got the rest of my business to include my umbrella. Way cheaper than USAA.

It's a shame

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Its street legal. So no, they won't
I have my street legal cart through state farm. Not sure if they would just do a cart or if you have to have an auto policy too. I'm paying $183 a year for full coverage.

I have an umbrella too. My coverage is 250/500k which is the minimum for an umbrella, $100 comp and $500 collision deductible.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have my street legal cart through state farm. Not sure if they would just do a cart or if you have to have an auto policy too. I'm paying $183 a year for full coverage.

I have an umbrella too. My coverage is 250/500k which is the minimum for an umbrella, $100 comp and $500 collision deductible.
I believe my cart insurance with 250/500 came down to $150/6mos. I can live with that because State farm was much more expensive than anyone else. In my instance, the progressive/hagerty combo was the cheapest all around.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I believe my cart insurance with 250/500 came down to $150/6mos. I can live with that because State farm was much more expensive than anyone else. In my instance, the progressive/hagerty combo was the cheapest all around.
It has to be a FL thing. I have my gt350, 2020 explorer st and my VW Passat, all with 250/500k with $0 comp and $100 collision deductible, 1mil umbrella, our homeowners, 5th wheel, gem golf cart and jewelry policy and I'm just over $300 a month.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
It has to be a FL thing. I have my gt350, 2020 explorer st and my VW Passat, all with 250/500k with $0 comp and $100 collision deductible, 1mil umbrella, our homeowners, 5th wheel, gem golf cart and jewelry policy and I'm just over $300 a month.
I believe it is. 4 ford performance vehicles, 3 daily drivers, a LSV, and boat all average about $2600/6 mos. A large umbrella to cover all that is about 1K

Sponsored

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Florida insurers have paid out hundreds of millions of dollars in claims for homes and vehicles ( many total losses) over the last few years due to storm damage. It’s not surprising rates have gone up considerably.

Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Highlander DD, 2019 GT350
The GT350 is running about $750/yr with Progressive as a non-daily driven vehicle. I tried Hagarty, but they wouldn't quote me. Not sure why. Was thinking they only did antiques, but some of yall are saying you have insurance through them so maybe just not in Rhode Island.

Allstate quoted me $750/6 months back in February, but when the insurance renewed in March it magically jumped to $900/6 months.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
The GT350 is running about $750/yr with Progressive as a non-daily driven vehicle. I tried Hagarty, but they wouldn't quote me. Not sure why. Was thinking they only did antiques, but some of yall are saying you have insurance through them so maybe just not in Rhode Island.

Allstate quoted me $750/6 months back in February, but when the insurance renewed in March it magically jumped to $900/6 months.
Just make sure you know what you are getting. They have lots of small print, for example, some don t allow OEM parts for repairs and only aftermarket cheaper parts if available. There is a lot of ways they can lower their policy numbers. Buyer beware. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Disclaimer, not saying this about your choice.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500

Hagerty is strict on mileage driven.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

I got quoted by Hagerty for 5k miles a year. It's approximately what I put on the car in the 7-8 months it's driven. When submitting, a popup showed stating something about the average mileage seems high... almost like I'm borderline too many for them to insure but I continued through it and they did quote. I'm assuming they don't allow much more then that per year.
Sponsored