FL auto insurance rates for GT350/GT500

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I just left USAA after about 30 years. Kept raising my rates with NO claims.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Gulf states, CA and more recently the eastern seaboard are just underwritten differently by the insurance companies due to the higher CAT risks. State laws also come into play, moreso the amount of increase that can be doled out more than anything. Given that CATS, particularly hurricanes, have been and are projected to increase in intensity in the coming years plus the higher costs of everything these days, insurance companies are increasing premiums. Frequency is also projected to increase over the next several years. They’ve taken some big hits the last couple years with inflation so they have to start recouping that. Not saying you can’t find better rates out there because you can, but it will take some phone calls to several brokers/agents.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Rates are getting crazy in Florida with no end in sight. My wife and I are in our 40s and were paying $50 more per month on just 2 cars. Now its $400 a month...$2,400 for 6 months with Geico and the basic coverage with a $500 deductible. They are still the cheapest we can find. Clean history for both of us. Homeowners is worse. Company we had folded so we had to get Citizens again since every other company wanted thousands more. They dont cover crap. We're dropping insurance all together and are just going to keep money in savings and add to it incase something happens. Thankfully we own our house so we can do it. I don't know how people can keep moving here with the way home prices, rent, insurance, etc. is. Traffic around here is starting to look like LA traffic.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have been with them for about as long. Come Monday, I will start calling around. I am seriously thinking about taking my GT350s off the road altogether. If I want to go out for a drive, the 500 usually gets the nod anyway. I will see what some phone calls come up with.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Same boat here. Everything with USAA. Zero claims since I've been a customer. I did have a speeding ticket in 2001 though. Rates have gone up a few hundred every 6 months.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I did an online quote through Hagerty. For 4 of my performance vehicles, the quote came in at $2,000 less per year. USAA is smoking crack if they think I am loyal enough to give them $2,000 for nothing.

Come monday, I am going to start quoting the remainder of my fleet.

I should have done this a long time ago.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I did an online quote through Hagerty. For 4 of my performance vehicles, the quote came in at $2,000 less per year. USAA is smoking crack if they think I am loyal enough to give them $2,000 for nothing.

Come monday, I am going to start quoting the remainder of my fleet.

I should have done this a long time ago.
Hagerty is great if you have cars you don’t drive much. Unfortunately the 6-7000 miles per year I put on my GT500 is too much for them to insure.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I just did an online quote with progressive and the remainder of the vehicles are 1085 per 6 months. USAA was $2200 per 6 months for the same remaining vehhicles.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is an insurance smash and grab.

29 years with a company, and this......

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Are car insurance premiums regulated at all by the state where policies are issued? Have no love for insurance companies nor multi-million dollar corporate salaries but perhaps the increased rates of vandalism and theft (with lack of criminal accountability) in addition to weather related events especially in FL have something to do with it.
That being said, if the vehicle is paid off and you are in a low crime area and can afford to risk it, liability only is an option. Given the savings for a few years if you are a good driver and a little lucky probably a wash.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I just did an online quote with progressive and the remainder of the vehicles are 1085 per 6 months. USAA was $2200 per 6 months for the same remaining vehhicles.

Just for S&Gs I did a quote with USAA today, they were $200+ higher than my current rates with progressive. It’s been that way the last 4 years since I switched.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Are car insurance premiums regulated at all by the state where policies are issued? Have no love for insurance companies nor multi-million dollar corporate salaries but perhaps the increased rates of vandalism and theft (with lack of criminal accountability) in addition to weather related events especially in FL have something to do with it.
That being said, if the vehicle is paid off and you are in a low crime area and can afford to risk it, liability only is an option. Given the savings for a few years if you are a good driver and a little lucky probably a wash.
They are regulated to a certain extent. The increases are what is really regulated and if they exceed the state regulated % they require additional approval

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
If you ever chose that avenue the best thing to do is keep the liability and comp, and pitch the collision. And make sure you have uninsured no matter what.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m Geico for personal cars, Haggerty for my Shelby’s(high stated values), and Progressive for commercial. I know quite a few people that have pitched USAA in the last several years. They have to be losing customers.

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
My boss has USAA thru some family member and he's always complaining how they raise his rates every renewal in CA.

I had Allstate for nearly 30 years & while they were competitive when I had them, I switched to Ameriprise thru Costco and couldn't believe the price difference. I got Homeowners, auto and an additional 1M umbrella liability for the same rate as my auto thru Allstate. I couldn't switch fast enough. That was 2 years ago.
Sponsored