Sponsored

*FIXED* lost electric steering, hill assist and advancetrac warning lights stay on

ecoboost2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
my mustang lost electric steering and gives me failure warnings for steering hill assist and advance Trac. looks like I might have to go to the dealership. so maybe in 2-3 years they can look at it. tried to restart car, no change. tried disconnecting battery no change. Scheduled diagnostics for Thursday. any advice or experience with this issue ?
Sponsored

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Original battery??

OP
OP

ecoboost2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
Original battery??

the battery is not original. it is however 2 years old and a walmart " premium" battery.

I had the steering fail thing happen once I believe it was before I replaced the battery in December 2018. after I restarted the car the steering was fine. also last week it did the advancetrac warning light and hill assist light thing but steering didn't fail, it happened when I jerked the steering wheel too hard, but after I restarted the car, it went back to normal. yesterday when it did that it didn't go back to normal.

i heard of people having this issue after installing a catch can, because some catch cans like the UPR dual valve i installed use the nut or bolt or whatever that holds the ground strap down to mount the catch can, and I think people hadn't tighten the ground strap or whatever, and it caused battery issues. and I know from experience these mustangs are wacko when the battery is having issues.

OP
OP

ecoboost2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
I'm almost wanting to check the ground strap and then see if I can replace the battery under warranty. or even buy it under a pro-rated price. It has a 5 year warranty

OP
OP

ecoboost2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
It ended up being the ground

20201015_210824 (5).jpg
Sponsored