Sponsored

Fix-it >95db exhaust tickets are back! No more AB1824!!!

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
"Loud" Exhaust violations are back to the way they were! Now just a fix-it ticket. Of course, please don't run open long-tube headers and go WOT through neighborhoods, otherwise this will go right back to where it was.

Santa Claus (SEMA) delivered this, this morning:

California Bill To Amend 2018 Exhaust Noise Law Signed by Governor
SEMA-Supported Legislation Restores “Fix-It” Tickets for Cars Suspected of Violating State’s Exhaust Noise Limit

Success! California Governor Gavin Newsom signed into law SEMA-supported legislation (SB 112) that immediately restores “fix-it” tickets for cars suspected of violating the state’s exhaust noise limit and allows car owners 30 days to correct violations. SB 112 amends a 2018 law which removed this ability, and which generated significant concern within the specialty automotive aftermarket industry and enthusiast community.

“On behalf of the over 1,700 SEMA member companies in California, as well as enthusiasts statewide, SEMA thanks Gov. Newsom for signing this critical legislation into law,” said Daniel Ingber, SEMA’s Vice President for Legal and Government Affairs. “With his signature, Gov. Newsom restored due process for motorists in the Golden State.”

SB 112, a budget implementation (trailer) bill, includes text drawn from SEMA-sponsored AB 390, which was authored by Assembly Members Jim Frazier and Tim Grayson in early 2019. Under normal legislative procedure, AB 390 would not have been implemented until January 2020. SB 112 is effective immediately.

SB 112 was championed in the legislature by Assembly Members Grayson, Tasha Boerner Horvath, Phil Ting, Phil Chen, and Senator Holly Mitchell.

Since 2003, exhaust systems installed on motor vehicles in California with a manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating of less than 6,000 pounds, other than motorcycles, may not exceed a sound level of 95-decibels when tested under a Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) procedure. SB 112 does not change this.

Your outreach on the topic was heard! Thank you and congratulations to all who participated in this important effort!
Sponsored

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Very happy to hear this.

RGV250F3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Lightning Blue , 1983 GT5.0, 1974 Camaro Mighty Mouse 415c.i.SB
Fanfkntastic news.... Looks like i wont be selling my new Corsa Extreme... I had it installed for 30 miles then pulled it back off last month, in fear of the $1000.00 ticket... Awesome news... time to reinstall..
Sponsored