Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Hi Everyone,
I am getting an Ecoboost convertible (still some way away) but really don't like the front grill compared to the GT. There are some for sale on eBay from the USA- I assume they should be a straight replacement? I am looking at both upper & lower US GT grills. I think it's a front bumper off job unfortunately. Also fitting the rear panel from US Ecoboost as don't like the fake fuel cap - I assume that should be more straight forward?
Anyone else doing the same? I'm not trying to pretend it's a GT, I just prefer the looks but prefer the fuel economy of the Ecoboost.
Cheers Greg
Sponsored

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I think you are right with both, Bumper off for the front and easy swap for the back.
Just out of interest, have you seen some of the after market grills. Trex make some nice ones.

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
50th Anniversary grill is on its way for my Ecoboost convertible which I think will give a nice link to the front end appearance of the 1964 Mustang.

SamH_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT V8 5.0L | Fastback | Customisation Pack
I think you are right with both, Bumper off for the front and easy swap for the back.
Just out of interest, have you seen some of the after market grills. Trex make some nice ones.
on AmericanMuscle they have a few guides on how to install the different grilles the have for sale, the ones ive looked at are all bumper off jobs.

some of the front splitters recommend removal of the front bumper too so ill be doing them both at the same time once i get round to doing them

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Hi Everyone,
I am getting an Ecoboost convertible (still some way away) but really don't like the front grill compared to the GT. There are some for sale on eBay from the USA- I assume they should be a straight replacement? I am looking at both upper & lower US GT grills. I think it's a front bumper off job unfortunately. Also fitting the rear panel from US Ecoboost as don't like the fake fuel cap - I assume that should be more straight forward?
Anyone else doing the same? I'm not trying to pretend it's a GT, I just prefer the looks but prefer the fuel economy of the Ecoboost.
Cheers Greg
Rear decklid panel is simple. I have mine already plus Pony red white and blue stripe emblem to replace the gas cap. Just a long wait for the car now. Front is more involved but not difficult I think. Bit like my 300C swap. Just think about about anything else you might want to do while it's off before you do it e.g. light mods

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Greg C

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Thanks for the replies. Where did you get your replacement rear panel & grill from?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Rear decklid panel is simple. I have mine already plus Pony red white and blue stripe emblem to replace the gas cap. Just a long wait for the car now. Front is more involved but not difficult I think. Bit like my 300C swap. Just think about about anything else you might want to do while it's off before you do it e.g. light mods
Thanks for the replies. Where did you get your replacement rear panel & grill from?
Ford Racing plain decklid and Pony Pack fender logo from CJ Pony Parts.
Sponsored