Sponsored

Fitted dash mounted N guage pod. (Not in the air vent)

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
I have a n guage and its currently in my air vent. I hate it being there with my car being a pp1 car i dont have the three center vents. And i am not a fan of the windshield mounted suction cups that randomly let go and drop off the windshield or if its real hot out the rubber somehow glues itself to the windshield and it rips while trying to remove it.

What i would like is a honest guage pod that looks like it was designed to be there. And have it in the corner against the a-pillar. I have not seen anything like that. So im thinking of making one for myself and others if there is enough interest. In my mind it would be form fitted to the dash and pillar for a perfect blend and held in place via magnets. That way its not a permanent mod and you can simply pull it to remove for cleaning or just simply moving on to something else. I would kinda like to do a protruding brow over the top similar to how the passenger side dash pad is and put the gauge in the counter sunk area. If it wouldnt add to much height
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I have a n guage and its currently in my air vent. I hate it being there with my car being a pp1 car i dont have the three center vents. And i am not a fan of the windshield mounted suction cups that randomly let go and drop off the windshield or if its real hot out the rubber somehow glues itself to the windshield and it rips while trying to remove it.

What i would like is a honest guage pod that looks like it was designed to be there. And have it in the corner against the a-pillar. I have not seen anything like that. So im thinking of making one for myself and others if there is enough interest. In my mind it would be form fitted to the dash and pillar for a perfect blend and held in place via magnets. That way its not a permanent mod and you can simply pull it to remove for cleaning or just simply moving on to something else. I would kinda like to do a protruding brow over the top similar to how the passenger side dash pad is and put the gauge in the counter sunk area. If it wouldnt add to much height
This is my favorite pod for our cars. Auto Meter, and they have a dual pod as well. It will work with an N gauge, you just have to trim it to work. I had mine there on my last car, but I no longer have pictures of it on my phone.

1627730021016.png

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
This is my favorite pod for our cars. Auto Meter, and they have a dual pod as well.

1627730021016.png
If that would work and fit right i would buy that. But the n gauge is not 2" its larger. I have seen people make it work but its not a good look to me as the gauge sticks out way past the pillar

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase