OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Private sellers who got, I’m sure MSRP, now selling with under 10 miles. 95k listing.
Some states making killing on taxes
Sponsored

BeastieDawg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Have a feeling with this dent in the economy, there isnt going to be crazy over pricing for very long. But who knows.

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Have a feeling with this dent in the economy, there isnt going to be crazy over pricing for very long. But who knows.
Supply vs demand. If a dealer thinks you are trading because job issue, they will strike fast

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
My dealer never... and I mean NEVER puts and ADM on any Ford. I've bought many many cars from him. He's never once put 1 dollar over MSRP on a Shelby, any Roush, any Raptor, or even the 2 GT's he sold. I'm not kidding. He's been around since I was a kid. These dealers do exist.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
i purchased mine from a similar dealer in Iowa. There are still lost of solid honest reputable dealers around.

My dealer never... and I mean NEVER puts and ADM on any Ford. I've bout many many cars from him. He's never once put 1 dollar over MSRP on a Shelby, any Roush, any Raptor, or even the 2 GT's he sold. I'm not kidding. He's been around since I was a kid. These dealers do exist.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I always enjoy hearing about honest and unselfish dealerships as unfortunately, they are not the norm these days.

Not to defend the price gougers, but I'm sure the stores mentioned above that have been in business for decades, may not have contracted the "expansion" disease and may very well own their property outright and be debt free. Without a monster mortgage, the pressure to make a profit at any cost is considerably less.

I don't believe there are TOO many stores that could be accurately described as "greedy" but we all know they are out there.

Even so, it does my heart good to read positive posts like those above.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
wow 10k buyers

if there really were trust us they would make it... some years that number already makes up 30% of TOTAL mustang volume so if they're are some untapped buyers Im sure Ford would love to meet them
What makes you think there aren't 10,000 orders in the order bank?

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I was told that when Porsche makes a limited edition, they sell out often before they even have the first one. When they do arrive, the buyers enjoy them a short time, and sell them at a profit over MSRP. GT4, Certain 911's, etc.

What is considered "blasphemy" in the Ford world is just common place for the exotics. Maybe it's just shocking to see Ford now just might have vehicles good enough to attract this kind of buyer that would of never bought American before (GT350, GT500). Might some of these buyers paying over MSRP come from a different kind of mindset, where it isn't uncommon that to get something special, you often need to pay a premium to 'leap frog' over others, and they can afford to do so?

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
And your point is what, Andy? That it's ethical? I can't tell but the bottom line is, supply and demand.

I might also add that being young doesn't leap frog you ahead anymore than being 65 or older. If you want the car, if you can afford the car and, if you can get an allocation, you buy it. That's the American Way last time I checked.

Sponsored

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
And your point is what, Andy? That it's ethical? I can't tell but the bottom line is, supply and demand.

I might also add that being young doesn't leap frog you ahead anymore than being 65 or older. If you want the car, if you can afford the car and, if you can get an allocation, you buy it. That's the American Way last time I checked.
No real point, other then we know this has been happening with the GT40's for years, and now even these 'mustangs' are becoming collectible commodities with demand beyond the supply, hence the ADM.

We all know this, I guess the feeling is if a dealer only get's 1 or 2 to sell, love it or hate it, if they can get over MSRP, it's going to happen, but it seems to blow a lot of people's mind and ushers a cry for a witch hunt of any such dealer. Any point I had is they aren't any different then what has been 'normal' for many years in other segments of the market

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
No real point, other then we know this has been happening with the GT40's for years, and now even these 'mustangs' are becoming collectible commodities with demand beyond the supply, hence the ADM.

We all know this, I guess the feeling is if a dealer only get's 1 or 2 to sell, love it or hate it, if they can get over MSRP, it's going to happen, but it seems to blow a lot of people's mind and ushers a cry for a witch hunt of any such dealer. Any point I had is they aren't any different then what has been 'normal' for many years in other segments of the market
Personally I agree with your statement. I am sick to death of listening to people complain about ADM. Nobody would choose it, but it is what it is, if you want it, and can justify it in your own way to “pay to play”, so be it.

Gouging is a completely different story though.

wolf32v

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
If anyone wants a grabber line for MSRP let me know got a local dealer that will sell it for MSRP. be quick it may not last long. Its has black roof, Recaros, and Electronic group. list for 79+. All I want is a ride in it. Pm if your interested

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I have a feeling there will be some more popping up with this current economic situation.
If anyone wants a grabber line for MSRP let me know got a local dealer that will sell it for MSRP. be quick it may not last long. Its has black roof, Recaros, and Electronic group. list for 79+. All I want is a ride in it. Pm if your interested
Sponsored