Sponsored

First track outing Barbers Motorsports Park

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
2018 GT PP1 4500 miles. So... New car, new track and new DE organization.
The only things that i have done to the car is a brake flush, MMS camber plates and an alignment. The alignment shop could only get -1.9 camber up front and -1.5 in the rear.

If any of you have been to Barbers you will know how nice of a track it is. I cant get over how well put together everything was there.

Onto the car, it surpassed my expectations. Throughout the weekend it never did anything drastic or anything bad. In fact, my instructor brought up more than one time how well it seemed to be balanced. I wouldn't say the car is a rockstar of track cars but it is a very easy car to drive. Not to much power but just enough. Third gear was a little tall for this track but i will work around that with gear selection for that.

I have the stock wheels so the front is a little more narrow than the rear so I could invoke some understeer under throttle but overall the car is very balanced. I think more camber up front will help that. With the alignment setting the car rotated very well(not under power). This track is notorious for chewing up tires and I did see an excess amount of wear on the front left tire. I maintained around 35-36 PSI but it still rounded the edge. More camber will fix that i hope.

The brakes performed flawlessly. I had done a flush with RBF 600 the weekend prior so it was good. I had zero fade or peddle degradation even with using the stock pads. The upside to this track is that the speeds are not real high so i believe that helped.

Additionally, the oil temp stayed in check and i did not get any rear end temp warning. I think partly because I stayed in a higher gear.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the car. I cant wait to get back out there. Hope to see some of you around the area.
Sponsored

OP
OP

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Your welcome.
The event organizer was Rezoom. I think they ran it well and I will be a repeat customer.
I had an instructor the first day because of being new to them and he was very
well spoken and give me good feedback.

I ran the entire weekend and it was around $500.

Last edited:
OP
OP

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Oh.. i see you're from Huntsville and your car looks just like mine. Thats cool!

Last edited:
OP
OP

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Here's a couple pics.
IMG_9551.JPG
IMG_9561.JPG
IMG_9577.JPG
IMG_9580.JPG

Sponsored

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
Oh.. i see you're from Huntsville and your car looks just like mine. Thats cool!
I’d love to turn wheels at Barber sometime in 2019. I’ve heard of Rezoom, I’ll keep an eye on their schedule.

Good looking car! I may be a little biased ;)

OP
OP

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
TVR = Tennessee Valley Region of the SCCA.

Your Huntsville road racers. Club racing, TT's, and PDX's (track days).

TAC = Twickingham Auto Club

Your local Huntsville autocrossers. A lot of the same people, but running the autocrosses under the TAC banner means you don't have to join the SCCA to participate, which saves you $90 bucks a year.

See TeamTAC.org (the TVR website is pretty dead, all the forums, discussion, announcements, etc. happen on the TAC website, again pretty much the same people).

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m a member of both TVR SCCA and TAC. I’m on the TeamTac.org forum also. Solid bunch of folks here locally (Huntsville) and a really great autocross setup. Two events left this season:

November 17th
December 1st

@dmann come on up for one of them! We’d love to have you and I’d like to talk shop too.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I'll have to check my calendar for the Dec event.

I have another barbers event scheduled for Dec 16th.Would you guys happen to be apart of that?

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which organization is putting on the December 16th event? If it’s Rezoom (or Jzilla, Chin, JustTrackIt, etc.) those are all privately ran organizations to my knowledge. It is very likely that some of the people registered and participating in these events are TVR/TAC members, even though it might not be an SCCA sanctioned event.

I need to start branching out and finding organizations who run at Barber, combine their calendars and compare it to weekends I have free for 2019, and decide which ones to attend. I totally geek out on this stuff.

OP
OP

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Which organization is putting on the December 16th event? If it’s Rezoom (or Jzilla, Chin, JustTrackIt, etc.) those are all privately ran organizations to my knowledge. It is very likely that some of the people registered and participating in these events are TVR/TAC members, even though it might not be an SCCA sanctioned event.

I need to start branching out and finding organizations who run at Barber, combine their calendars and compare it to weekends I have free for 2019, and decide which ones to attend. I totally geek out on this stuff.
It's Just track it. I haven't used these guys yet either. I just want track time at barbers so it doesn't matter to me who host the event. I agree, I geek over it as well :)
Hope to see you out there soon!

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
... it doesn't matter to me who hosts the event. I agree, I geek over it as well :)
Hope to see you out there soon!
I understand. Sometimes the way an organization runs an event makes all the difference in the world, but other times you just GOTTA get on track too. Please let us know how this one goes.
Sponsored