Sponsored

First Track Day In 2015 Mustang GT PP (HPDE)

Teezlr

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.JakeTiesler.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP - 2000 Land Cruiser - 2001 Sequoia

Did my first track day in my 2015 Mustang GT Performance Package with 25,000 miles.

Buttonwillow 13CW

Mods: stock with 24,000 miles on the front tires, rear tires newish

Bought this car new and have kept it mostly stock aside from the exhaust.

Car did amazing, no complaints at all.

Oil temps were good, temperatures were in the 50s.

Brakes did great, pedal feel started to change a little but no fade.

Looking forward to going back and improving my driving and exploring the capabilities of the car.

If you worried about tracking your stock PP Mustang don't be, just go for it and enjoy, such a fast car on the track.
Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I tracked my 2015 PP two times, and she did just fine in an intermediate run group, and the brakes are still kicking now 12K miles later (I since got a new track toy).

No track fledglings should be worried about tracking a stock S550 GT with the PP (even without it, but especially with it). The car is more than ready for the track at the levels any novice could/should be driving at. The brakes are incredible, and the handling and power is far beyond any n00b's capabilities.

Incidentally, this is related to why the magazine racing you see on these forums is so mind-numbingly stupid... 99.9% of the owners of these cars are nowhere near capable of the track times you see from automotive publications or manufacturer test drivers, and 99% have no plans to ever even sniff a track, yet people bicker about which car costs too much because it did the Nurburgring 1.2 seconds slower...