First service prices? £310?!

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
@Gregs24 That certainly isn't true. Any Ford dealer can service and provide warranty work,

not this one as I said the service department at warsop motor company told me they cannot do a service on my mustang. It baffles me why but their lost of a new customer
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
My local ford dealer warsop motor company told me he can’t service my mustang I asked if it was a joke ,so you can’t drop oil and replace a filter not be using them then, next local Perry’s wanted £320 , told it does take a lot of oil you know, then sandicliffe where I got car from £210 but could give me a 10% discount aswell , as people say too much variation in prices but what gets me is why my local wouldn’t even service it.
Maybe, to service Mustangs under the Ford umbrella they have to sign up to the training Ford provide and the technical seminars.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Maybe, to service Mustangs under the Ford umbrella they have to sign up to the training Ford provide and the technical seminars.
pull the other one i know someone who drove their mustang back from a dealer service and didn't realise the oil filter was lose as was the sump plug .....

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
pull the other one i know someone who drove their mustang back from a dealer service and didn't realise the oil filter was lose as was the sump plug .....
...and there's the difference between Training and Competency... :wink:

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
...and there's the difference between Training and Competency... :wink:
yeah you can't train an idiot and most people that work in dealership garages are exactly that they're the lowest of the lowest paid who work in the dealership garage because they can't do anything else

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
£190 Ford, Maxwell Motors, Kelso.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
£190 Ford, Maxwell Motors, Kelso.
thats a very sensible price for the actual costs involved in a service and the time it really takes if my main dealers were a) capable and b) priced like that i'd even take my cars to them.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
thats a very sensible price for the actual costs involved in a service and the time it really takes if my main dealers were a) capable and b) priced like that i'd even take my cars to them.
Just back from Oz and would also like to note that the correct amount/type of oil was put in. Good all round service from my local dealer.
I was also relieved to hear no difference in engine noise, which was something I was concerned about so much that I recorded a clip before putting the car in for service.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Just back from Oz and would also like to note that the correct amount/type of oil was put in. Good all round service from my local dealer.
I was also relieved to hear no difference in engine noise, which was something I was concerned about so much that I recorded a clip before putting the car in for service.
good to hear see people this is how much a service should really cost and be performed. those of you event attempting to defend the near 500 quid prices of some main dealers should perhaps donate all their extra cash to charity as they're clearly rolling in it and have it to give away.

Garvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT
Service costs to date at
(the very shiny, bling)
Ford Store dealer:

First annual service - April 2018 : £239.00

Second annual service - April 2019 : £249.00 + £39.00 for optional brake fluid change = £288.00 total.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
£189 first service
£189 second service

Stoneacre York Rd Doncaster
Sponsored