Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Oil Slick had a name changed to Mischievous Purple Metallic. It and Eruption Green will both be available on all Mustang models as a late available color, so probably late spring. According to the 2022 Mustang Order Guide.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
That's one of the best greens Ford has had on the Mustang in a very long time. I like it. And that blue is nice, so much better than Antimatter, which was too close to black. I'm sad to see Velocity Blue go away, happy that I have a 2021 in my garage to keep.

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
That's one of the best greens Ford has had on the Mustang in a very long time. I like it. And that blue is nice, so much better than Antimatter, which was too close to black. I'm sad to see Velocity Blue go away, happy that I have a 2021 in my garage to keep.
Yes but so many dark colors. I really wish we had Grabber Lime offered as well. It's really just the best color on GT500 imo.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
can we just please have this? I'll settle for the paint but the sheetmetal would be even better. You can't tell me it can't be done.

gorgeous-69-ford-mustang-mach-1-grabber-green-jpg.jpg

A pity Eruption isn't more like this
wa0614-185231_11@2x.jpg

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I still don't understand why they don't have more colors available, back in 1965 the Mustang was available in 19 colors and in 1967 over 30.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I still don't understand why they don't have more colors available, back in 1965 the Mustang was available in 19 colors and in 1967 over 30.
Yes, the color selection is severely lacking compared to back then. I think it's worse now than the first couple of years of the S550 for that matter.

Ludda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luda
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2022, MB E400 convertible
From the order guide brochure:
206B32E1-6D80-4FA5-9318-F89161DA9AA5.jpeg
Hello
greetings from Europe - Czech Republic - Prague
I just ordered a new Mustang GT. I ordered the color Oil slick - the dealer has no sample of this color. This site mustang6g is the only one in the whole world where I found hopefully a real photo. The strange thing is that on the German site Ford.de there is a configurator where this color looks completely different - completely purple, take a look.
Ludda

ford.de purple.jpg

Sponsored

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
Welcome Ludek, you new GT will surely be a head turner in Prague. Looking forward to seeing her parked in front of some wonderful backdrops.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Yea, you would also think in this day and age with all the technology and automation capabilities, that customers would just be able to pick any color and the input to the order would feed right to the robotics and spritz the body any color….

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Yea, you would also think in this day and age with all the technology and automation capabilities, that customers would just be able to pick any color and the input to the order would feed right to the robotics and spritz the body any color….
Sort of. You want paint mixed really well and you'd need to make sure the paint was well purged for each car. You'd need all the spray equipment to purge and any mixing equipment, plus overspray concerns on handling equipment. Its not really as simple as feeding RGB paints into a sprayer. That sort of setup would result in some inconsistent paint and crash repairs would get interesting with paint mixed on the fly.

They could offer more standard colors, but I assume they schedule a bunch of the same color in a row for the same reasons. Its more efficient to set that up. More colors means harder scheduling and more color changes.
Sponsored