Sponsored

First post here. Just joined the Shelby family.

Ironhead_3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition
Here I sit in my freshly cleaned garage, watching the oil heat up to fry my turkey. I suppose I should be thinking more about eating Thanksgiving dinner, but all I can think about right at this moment is going tomorrow to finalize the paperwork and driving home my 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition. I'm one of the lucky souls that didn't have the foresight to order one in advance but found one at a dealership that hadn't already been spoken for. I wasn't in the position to pull the trigger on this until about a month ago so I got in this game very late. I know just how fortunate I was to find one with Tech Package, Handling Package, Carbon Fiber Dash, and a car cover. I'll surely miss my 2013 Raptor that I traded in but This GT350 is on another level. I feel like I'm 10 years old again and it's Christmas Eve and I'm waiting on Santa. It's crazy. Of course I probably am preaching to the choir on this forum!
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Congrats! Please post some pictures once you get it.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Here I sit in my freshly cleaned garage, watching the oil heat up to fry my turkey. I suppose I should be thinking more about eating Thanksgiving dinner, but all I can think about right at this moment is going tomorrow to finalize the paperwork and driving home my 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition. I'm one of the lucky souls that didn't have the foresight to order one in advance but found one at a dealership that hadn't already been spoken for. I wasn't in the position to pull the trigger on this until about a month ago so I got in this game very late. I know just how fortunate I was to find one with Tech Package, Handling Package, Carbon Fiber Dash, and a car cover. I'll surely miss my 2013 Raptor that I traded in but This GT350 is on another level. I feel like I'm 10 years old again and it's Christmas Eve and I'm waiting on Santa. It's crazy. Of course I probably am preaching to the choir on this forum!
Welcome

The standing rule is that every post like this OP must provide pictures for all of us to see :)

OP
OP
Ironhead_3

Ironhead_3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Only took a couple at the dealership. I'll have many more tomorrow. They didn't have the splitter installed because it wouldn't clear the hump going down into the showroom. It will have the splitter and Gurney flap installed when I pick it up.

20201124_155533.jpg

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I feel like I'm 10 years old again and it's Christmas Eve and I'm waiting on Santa. It's crazy. Of course I probably am preaching to the choir on this forum!
Oh, you are preaching to the choir.... but we fully understand and most of us had similar comments waiting for ours. Most of us who ordered had to wait months, but it does make you feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. If I can find my post while waiting for delivery, I'll add it.

Found it:
"I feel like a 5 year old who woke up at 3am on Christmas morning, and now I just have wait for hours before I can go unwrap gifts!"

This was 1 month before I took delivery, and three months after I ordered it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Welcome! I feel you! I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my first Shelby as well. Say what you want about 2020, a new GT350 is one hell of a silver lining.

OP
OP
Ironhead_3

Ironhead_3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Welcome! I feel you! I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my first Shelby as well. Say what you want about 2020, a new GT350 is one hell of a silver lining.
That was one of the reasons that my wife agreed to this whole thing. In this year where everything is upside down and our normal lives are so disrupted we will always remember that in November 2020 we got our first Shelby. Not just any Shelby either. The friggin Heritage Edition!!

OP
OP
Ironhead_3

Ironhead_3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Oh, you are preaching to the choir.... but we fully understand and most of us had similar comments waiting for ours. Most of us who ordered had to wait months, but it does make you feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning. If I can find my post while waiting for delivery, I'll add it.

Found it:
"I feel like a 5 year old who woke up at 3am on Christmas morning, and now I just have wait for hours before I can go unwrap gifts!"

This was 1 month before I took delivery, and three months after I ordered it.
Is it wrong for a 45 yr old man to be this giddy?

calduke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HEP, 2019 F-350, 1970 Mach 1, 1971 Bronco and more...
Welcome :) I bought mine last week (one of 2 HEP's left in CA with all options per that awesome spreadsheet)...I went back and forth on the R vs. non-R, but figured I'd drive it a lot more if I wasn't so worried about ground clearance (I have speed bumps in my neighborhood) or the rims. Make sure they install the adjustable camber plates. There are useful threads on this forum for that.

Sponsored

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
Welcome - many of us know exactly how you feel!

OP
OP
Ironhead_3

Ironhead_3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Welcome :) I bought mine last week (one of 2 HEP's left in CA with all options per that awesome spreadsheet)...I went back and forth on the R vs. non-R, but figured I'd drive it a lot more if I wasn't so worried about ground clearance (I have speed bumps in my neighborhood) or the rims. Make sure they install the adjustable camber plates. There are useful threads on this forum for that.
Just got off the phone with my salesman. He has assured me that the camber plates have been installed and the alignment redone. Now that I've looked at those threads on here about it I can at least visually identify this tomorrow but I should be good to go.