papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
It probably depends by your driving style.
Sponsored

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
But is it normal to have to change oil so soon? Service manual says 1 year or 15k km. My car is neither 1 year old nor at 15k km. Indicator for oil change came on at 4 months and 9500 km.
You've got to remember that Ford cover the Warranty and they say 15000km is OK for first oil change ... if it needed it sooner wouldn't they say so.

Oil quality, especially synthetic oils, has vastly improved over recent times....not like oils in the past!!!

OP
OP

emix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT manual LB
You've got to remember that Ford cover the Warranty and they say 15000km is OK for first oil change ... if it needed it sooner wouldn't they say so.

Oil quality, especially synthetic oils, has vastly improved over recent times....not like oils in the past!!!
It did need it sooner, the indicator on the dashboard asked for an oil change. Was just worried there might be something wrong with my car but apparently if it gets driven hard, the oil needs changing sooner.

Last edited:

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
Since my car is one year it also says I need to change the oil but I did not even do 5000km. Is there anywhere to see at what % you sit like some see. And except for warranty as long as there is enough oil no need to change it I suppose?

EstMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT, 2011 Alfa Romeo 159 SW TBI TI
There is a submenu in the car Settings menu saying something like "Reset Oil Life", select this submenu (no resetting happens when just entering this submenu) and you will be displayed the % of remaining oil life. If you exit the submenu, still no resetting happens so this is just the way to check the % from time to time. But if your car is a year old, it might be good for the car to replace oil anyway. Many service practices are related to mileage OR time - whatever comes first. Yearly oil change never hurts your car (only wallet :-))

Sponsored

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
There is a submenu in the car Settings menu saying something like "Reset Oil Life", select this submenu (no resetting happens when just entering this submenu) and you will be displayed the % of remaining oil life. If you exit the submenu, still no resetting happens so this is just the way to check the % from time to time. But if your car is a year old, it might be good for the car to replace oil anyway. Many service practices are related to mileage OR time - whatever comes first. Yearly oil change never hurts your car (only wallet :-))
I think it came in my case based on time as I got "0" and still not have the 5000km. I did reset it to 100% again but I will do the oil change soon then. Or myself or at a shop, not sure yet.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
So what I've gathered after doing a bunch of research is baby the car's no quick starts and stops and no heavy loads on the engine for first 1000 miles. Then change oil' in my case going with Amsoil 10/30' then it's time to start having fun
Sponsored