Sponsored

First Look Inside Next-Gen GT350 Mustang (S550) Prototype!

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
Its great to see these shots, but personally I'm reading very very little into them.
I agree, almost nothing about this car is HARD info. Ford would not market a stripped down car at this time......I just feel the market is limited no matter how good it might be for the track primarily. JMO, I would probably buy one anyway ;) BTW THANKS Jarstang for the pics !

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Ford wouldn't need special tires to beat the Z/28, they just need good tires.

No doubt it will be a great performing car with the 295/35/19 Mich Super Sports we've seen, but knowing nothing about the performance specs for it to be without hesitation the better track car than the Z/28 it would need the proper rubber. Put a 'track pack' on the GT350 with the sticky rubber, fixed back race seats, no back seat, and aggressive suspension, and the car will be unstoppable.

Sponsored

NRMStand

I don't see a stripped down Z/28 clone coming from Ford. It wasn't done with the Boss 302 and the market is moving up, not down. This will be especially true IF (as we don't know yet) it would be available overseas.

I am hoping/expecting this to rely on some high tech to get it to the performance levels they are targeting with their previously mentioned benchmarks. What I would really like to see it adopt something similar to the magnetic ride control a la the ZL1, but I understand they may opt to go the more traditional route to save weight.

MadMoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stuff
That car is faptastic in black under natural lighting. Looks like they have the base mustang interior in their for testing? Not that the SVT interiors are all that much different. I'd like to see carbon fiber trim and alcantara steering wheel at least :)

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I don't see a stripped down Z/28 clone coming from Ford. It wasn't done with the Boss 302 and the market is moving up, not down. This will be especially true IF (as we don't know yet) it would be available overseas.

I am hoping/expecting this to rely on some high tech to get it to the performance levels they are targeting with their previously mentioned benchmarks. What I would really like to see it adopt something similar to the magnetic ride control a la the ZL1, but I understand they may opt to go the more traditional route to save weight.

I think cost would be the bigger reason not to go with high-tech to make the car faster. I for one am not interested in a $75,000 toy. Not saying that sort of stuff wouldn't fit for the GT500 or whatever is meant to go on the top of the echelon but for the Boss successor(GT350) focusing on race proven design and technology should be the focus IMO.

And I'm not advocating a stripped down car with no a/c or power windows, just no add-ons like NAV or electrically adjustable this and that.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
I think cost would be the bigger reason not to go with high-tech to make the car faster. I for one am not interested in a $75,000 toy. Not saying that sort of stuff wouldn't fit for the GT500 or whatever is meant to go on the top of the echelon but for the Boss successor(GT350) focusing on race proven design and technology should be the focus IMO.

And I'm not advocating a stripped down car with no a/c or power windows, just no add-ons like NAV or electrically adjustable this and that.
Well I for one will not buy without nav, but hope we both can get it the way we want

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
MRC is in the pipeline, but being lighter and more powerful than Z/28, the GT350 won't need MRC either to beat it.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I heard some almost unrealistic benchmarks... As long as they have proof and an independent tester can duplicate those results. It's gonna need some serious rubber to do it. I hope there is a more customer option oriented, kinda base GT350. Something more the z28's speed, with a hefty option list and for $25,000-30,000 less.

I also wouldn't mind a crack at a GT350R. Ya' know, something to actually throw at the GT3 and Nismo. Could this thing challenge a Z06/Z07 toe to toe? It's gonna be fun finding out!!!

bigbear78

Threads
Reaction score
Is it just me or does this car have bigger hips or is it that you can see the curves better in black could it be some sort of wide body kit on the back

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Agree with many of the sentiments that hopefully the premium interior is at least an option. Considering it is considered a signature design element I can't see it not being the standard trim.

I wonder where the headlight covers went. You can see some of the plastic support that holds up the canvas to hide the hood and fascia elements.

Very curious to see the production wheels.... Those look like prototype designs. And I hope they will go with 20s at least as an option.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Is it just me or does this car have bigger hips or is it that you can see the curves better in black could it be some sort of wide body kit on the back
I think they are just flattering photos.........but it would be cool (and something I'd like to see).

Given the Need For Speed widebody got a lot of good press, and even Shelby themselves are producing widebody kits in order to get wider rubber under the S197 GT500, perhaps we'll see something like that IF we get a GT500 S500. I think it'd suit the newer car.

Turn the widebody down 20-30% on this one and.............

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car
I heard some almost unrealistic benchmarks... As long as they have proof and an independent tester can duplicate those results. It's gonna need some serious rubber to do it. I hope there is a more customer option oriented, kinda base GT350. Something more the z28's speed, with a hefty option list and for $25,000-30,000 less.

I also wouldn't mind a crack at a GT350R. Ya' know, something to actually throw at the GT3 and Nismo. Could this thing challenge a Z06/Z07 toe to toe? It's gonna be fun finding out!!!
What cars were used for the benchmark?
Sponsored