Sponsored

First Issue on New Car - Digital Dash Blanks Out and TC Light Comes On - Sport Mode Only

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Do apologize if this has been posted somewhere else (I did search!).

And I assume a trip to dealer will be needed...but thought I'd post it in case someone else has had this happen.

I can only replicate this in sport mode (S) A10 tranny situation...normal mode seems fine so far. Less than 400 miles on the car so far.

When driving in sport mode I noticed that sometimes when I take off or turn and accelerate a bit aggressively I will get a chime and see what appears to be TC light come on. Light goes away after what seems like around 10 seconds of normal driving. This has happened a few times over the first 100 miles or so. I am breaking the car in properly so nothing too crazy and keeping it under 5K rpms.

However I wanted to vary the RPMs so I put the car in sport mode and use the paddle shifters when driving especially on longer stretches or driving where the car would stay at the same RPM.

So I drop it down into 5/6/7 or whatever at around 50 MPH.

What happens is when I give it more than normal throttle it will reproduce this chime with TC light. If I give it even more throttle (like half or so) it will actually blank the digital screen and it very quickly seems to put a traction control message in the screen. Screen comes back pretty quickly but the TC light definitely is on and stays on for around the 10 seconds and goes away.

I can reproduce this at will and in any gear I tried (4/5/6/7)....in sport mode. In normal I use the paddle shifters and do the same thing and it does not happen....yet anyway.

And I am fairly certain this happened even prior to the H pipe install....so cannot blame that.

Any ideas or just dealership visit?

Thanks!
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
As you mentioned that you can reproduce this at will, I would take it to the dealership and have them look at it. This is not normal at all.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Timeless

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
So I took it to the dealer, service manager and I drove around where I showed him what it was doing, and left it with him.

Few hours later he called back saying that the positive side battery terminal was loose. Tightened everything up and could not reproduce the issue.

This car was on the show room floor which he says requires them to disconnect the battery....so it makes sense that someone did not tighten it up correctly. Also made sense in that the car needed to be warmed up pretty good to reproduce the issue.

Hopefully that is it and now will be trouble free!
Sponsored