First GT500 doing a track day on the high banks of Daytona

Twisted O CFTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Signed up for a track day at Daytona international speedway running the Rolex 24 course. Preparing now with installing the camber plates changing brake fluid and a fresh set of Michelin sport cup 2s. Michelin has sport cups R”s coming out first week of September after speaking to the Michelin rep. They have the 305/30 size already and its the 315/30 rear that is being released. After speaking to the rep sounds like the R is only good for a session or two before they start falling off. So they recommend staying with the ford performance spec cup 2”s. I asked about tire pressures since the owners manual says not to go under 28 psi and since I have done many track days at Daytona once on the banking pressure will increase at least 10 to 15 pounds Im thinking which is normally what I have seen. However the more tire pressure sacrifices infield cornering handling. Michelin rep has one of there tire engineers looking into recommending some cold pressure baselines. The rep said 50 psi is max before a potential of blowing the tire. He mentioned the track pack 500 is going to have Much different pressures then the 350 due to the wing creating downforce and creating more load on the tire. Anyone interested in going pm me I”ll be taking video and with the speed I have seen at Sebring the 500 will dominate.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm sorry, when is this event? And with which group?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Signed up for a track day at Daytona international speedway running the Rolex 24 course. Preparing now with installing the camber plates changing brake fluid and a fresh set of Michelin sport cup 2s. Michelin has sport cups R”s coming out first week of September after speaking to the Michelin rep. They have the 305/30 size already and its the 315/30 rear that is being released. After speaking to the rep sounds like the R is only good for a session or two before they start falling off. So they recommend staying with the ford performance spec cup 2”s. I asked about tire pressures since the owners manual says not to go under 28 psi and since I have done many track days at Daytona once on the banking pressure will increase at least 10 to 15 pounds Im thinking which is normally what I have seen. However the more tire pressure sacrifices infield cornering handling. Michelin rep has one of there tire engineers looking into recommending some cold pressure baselines. The rep said 50 psi is max before a potential of blowing the tire. He mentioned the track pack 500 is going to have Much different pressures then the 350 due to the wing creating downforce and creating more load on the tire. Anyone interested in going pm me I”ll be taking video and with the speed I have seen at Sebring the 500 will dominate.
So how did it go? Which garage were you in?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
@16Kobra ? Did you ever hear from allan?