Sponsored

First GT350R Mustangs spotted on the line

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't really see why that would be a problem to produce the liquid blue. The triple yellow has 3 passes to make it that yellow. So I wouldn't think that that it would be a problem to have 3-4 passes. I would probably expect a paint upcharge if they did offer it though since I will most likely be on a limited number of vehicles, and especially if they did have to do 4 passes.
I think a lot of people would buy it if they offered it. I might even go that way instead of black if they offered it and the upcharge wasn't too much.
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
Producing one of each color to test paints maybe?

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
What's the deal with the red front fender???
Protect the paint. You can buy the covers from Ford. I think they are about $300-350 for a pair.

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
I was talking to the person in charge of the GT350. People from ford do read mustang forums. I asked him why not charge 5k for it and he said it's impossible for robots to do it. I think ford should have never debuted a car in a color they weren't going to make.
Then spec the paint and we'll have our local shop re-paint the car.

Sponsored

DJMoxieLAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Mustang GT Premium - MT, Black
Can you get a GT350 with an automatic?
I'm hoping they'll change their minds... I've driven MTs for almost 20 years. As fun as they are, I'm tired of clutching, especially in traffic.

I'm almost considering a Challenger SVT 392 or R/T Scat Pack because they offer ATs

I get the whole human/car bonding thing with a manual. But considering that the computer assists in almost everything else, why bother rowing gears for a daily driver/street car?

I'm also hoping they will offer the NON-Recaro seats... I'm 6'-2" with a 38" waist. Sitting in Recaro seats isn't very comfortable on my rib cage.

:ford:

Reactions: Tom

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I'm hoping they'll change their minds... I've driven MTs for almost 20 years. As fun as they are, I'm tired of clutching, especially in traffic.

I'm almost considering a Challenger SVT 392 or R/T Scat Pack because they offer ATs

I get the whole human/car bonding thing with a manual. But considering that the computer assists in almost everything else, why bother rowing gears for a daily driver/street car?

if I were looking to buy a GT350, I would not be cross shopping it with those cars in bold. Totally different cars.

Why not a manual? They both serve their purpose :D. If there was talk of a DCT, I would be all over that!!

jeremygnaz

ford fanatic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2011 ford fusion sport white

The gt350 is a very track focused car. If your getting one you will most likely be taking it to a lot of track day where you will want a manual trans. I really doubt that they will offer a at trans. And if your looking at a challenger then your probably going to take it to the drag strip more often then a road course Because those cars a weigh a lot and don't handle all that well. If your looking for raw power just wait a little long and I'll bet that Ford will have a gt500 which just might have an at trans.

DJMoxieLAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
The gt350 is a very track focused car. If your getting one you will most likely be taking it to a lot of track day where you will want a manual trans. I really doubt that they will offer a at trans. And if your looking at a challenger then your probably going to take it to the drag strip more often then a road course Because those cars a weigh a lot and don't handle all that well. If your looking for raw power just wait a little long and I'll bet that Ford will have a gt500 which just might have an at trans.
That is why I wish they would have put those front fenders and hood on the regular GT and give it that wider stance. Then I could get one in an auto-tragic and proceed in my sissy-boy ways. lol :headbonk:

I guess I could just wait a couple years until the regular GT will get the look of the Shelby's. Just like the 13's and 14's did.

DJMoxieLAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
if I were looking to buy a GT350, I would not be cross shopping it with those cars in bold. Totally different cars.

Why not a manual? They both serve their purpose :D. If there was talk of a DCT, I would be all over that!!
Yeah, I realize the Challenger and the Stang are two different animals. I just have to figure out what I want to drive. I don't take it to the track. I just like having a balance of power comfort and a little utility so I can take a road trip in it if I wanted to.
Sponsored