First driving review 2020 GT500 NOT IN USA

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Not in USA and I can’t understand 3 things but.... there are a few good shots of the car driving and a launch with traction control on it appears.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Si, es bien. @Ninjak , how about a translation?

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
If you go to Youtube to watch the video, you can turn on captions with auto-translation. It doesn't work very well, but.. :cwl: He doesn't really give out any numbers or times on anything, but he is one of the first people to get to drive it in the public realm.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
For the GL crowd, I was able to snatch eleven images from "The Mayor's" video, all right click downloadable if you want copies.

Here is the start of the show with ten more after it.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Ugh.... that’s Franky Mostro, don’t even pay attention to him, also If I recall correctly that’s a “Mexican spec GT500”.

There will be only 50 in Mexico at a MSRP of ~115k dlls (as a reference the GT350 is ~60k dlls).

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Ugh.... that’s Franky Mostro, don’t even pay attention to him, also If I recall correctly that’s a “Mexican spec GT500”.

There will be only 50 in Mexico at a MSRP of ~115k dlls (as a reference the GT350 is ~60k dlls).

Can you parse any of his commentary?

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Can you parse any of his commentary?
Yup. Here we go.

He basically said that this was just a preview but as soon as he gets the car for a big review he will beat the shit out of it like he does to his cars just to see how it behaves.

He speaks about the exterior details of the car but nothing that we don’t know so far. He says that the GT500 has the same 8000rpm FPC Voodoo 5.2 but with a supercharger (one of the reasons I asked to ignore him, he is not a reliable source of information).

“I was waiting for this car for so long and I’m super excited”. He talks about some interior details like the seats, steering wheel, digital cluster, etc. “It’s like the GT350 in everything but with more power however it lacks the shifter, clutch pedal and parking brake, we will miss it”.

“This car Is an evolution of the GT350 and is intended to go against track cars like the GT3 RS, it’s not focused on straight line acceleration, like the GT350 that wasn’t its purpose, it was already a track car”.

Driving experience:

“Let’s set everything to track mode” (yes, he is driving on the streets, but you know... Mexico). “For starters the double clutch feels very good, a 7speed Tremec DCT that urges you to drive fast around track and that’s of course the reason of the paddle shifters”.

“I didn’t even floor it and it already feels the Cobra power”. The he talks about how the suspension is stiff as its supposed to be (he said that) and the steering precision, how you don’t even need to turn more than 1/4 of the wheel to make a sharp turn.

He (again) makes a reference of the FlatPlane Crank that this car doesn’t have (apparently he doesn’t know that) and says that even when the redline is lower, it still behaves like a FPC.

“Let’s see how it accelerates. Like I told you before this is not a 1/4 mile car. I know you will ask me to measure it against a RedEye but no, this is a track car, that’s the reason this is not super fast from 0 to 60, it like 3.5s I think, but the point is to make high speed turns, that’s the reason it is this expensive, because this is focused to fight Porsche’s, McLarens, Lamborghinis” (this guy is delusional) “... to cars that the track is their natural habitat”.

“This car is very quick at the 1/4 mile even when it’s not supposed to be like that”. He then takes the car to the track and makes some turns “now, this is what I was talking about, this is what this is car is made for, to take turns. Obviously it has magnetic suspension and you can feel it. It’s unbelievable how it grips”

“This is a fucking speed, emotion and precision-machine. I think they achieved a perfection that you have never seen before”.

“The weight transference is ideal, the brakes balance is unbeatable and my excitement over the roof”.

“Are you kidding me? This Shelby is a train. We did some pulls at the highway and it almost got to 186mph. It’s wonderful, it had great stability at that speed. This is what I like about this car, the more you floor it the more stability it offers”.

“Guys, this is not a drag car.”

Honestly, I couldn’t care less about this clown. I will wait to hear Randy Pobst review.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Did it already get rock chips on the track? I see black spot on side.

chip.JPG