Sponsored

First DCT GT500 Mustang Caught on Video? Plus Hood Vents Up Close

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I think it makes complete sense. Cars with much over 600 hp just become a handful to drive with a manual. Sure it's still fun, but you can enjoy a little bit more of what makes the car special (if it's done right) with a DCT. Like the GT3 RS, GT-R, McLarens, Ferraris, etc.
Agree. As much as any of us want to be nostalgic, theres a certain point where you just have to accept that technology makes it better.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
That GT500 sounds like they were testing programing the TR-9007 DCT shift patterns, etc.

Tremec's software allows for instant-torque shifts, that snap into gear, if that what you want/need. Sounds like engineers are testing their shift patterns and lock-ups.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I wish we could see some shots of this thing actually out on a track already.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Nürburgring Maybe?
I'll take any track. Im not even concerned about it being the ring. Once we see that then I'll be more convinced to its overall prowess as a track car and its readiness to be officially launched

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I'll take any track. Im not even concerned about it being the ring. Once we see that then I'll be more convinced to its overall prowess as a track car and its readiness to be officially launched
I'd like to see its performance in Weathertech Raceway (LagunaSeca) and/or Virginia International Raceway.

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
I believe they will do manual as an option. there are still people out there that actually know how to drive and dont want to just push the gas and let the computer do everything.

If they do manual I'll get one for sure.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Looks and sounds awesome to me. I know some of you guys are early adopters and want the latest/greatest right away but I like to wait a few years. I'm thinking drive the gt350 for a few years, then trade in for the 500.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I believe they will do manual as an option. there are still people out there that actually know how to drive and dont want to just push the gas and let the computer do everything.

Have you been on a track with a 600+HP (let alone 700+)? It's not quite as simple as press the gas and let the computer do everything!!

Sponsored

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
Can they put a tranny brake on a DCT? Asking for a friend

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7

I for one know how to drive and thoroughly enjoyed my GT350 but the A10 is an upgrade in my book. Rowing the gears is fun and all, but from a pure performance perspective, the A10 wins.

Part of the reason I replaced the GT350 with a GT and not wait on a Bullitt. No A10 in the Bullitt.

I can see myself dumping the GT for a GT500 in two years or so if it is a auto. I won't if its a manual. By then my GT will be supercharged and putting down around 700 hp, but it won't be a GT500. :ford:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
A10? Have you been reading the above?

Zimm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6
Please be reasonably priced, please be reasonably priced, please be reasonably priced!!!!!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Can they put a tranny brake on a DCT? Asking for a friend ��
It may be possible but the chance is near zero. This car isn't targeting that.
Sponsored