Sponsored

First CG Carwash Report + Question (Image and Word Heavy)

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
Yes! After washing my car the bugs always come! And leave their poop dust! Ugh Texas!
Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
That connector looks like a standard quick connect to me, should be able to get the hose adapter bit at Lowes or Home Depot.

If you get a lot of water spots, you might want to invest in this:
http://www.costco.com/CR-SPOTLESS-De-Ionizing-Spotless-Water-System™.product.11762647.html
The easier and cheaper way of a spotless wash is to use Optimum No Rinse with distilled water and the Garry Dean Method.

For those not in the know, the garry dean method is basically this:

Pour a gallon of distilled water in a bucket, mix in about 1/2-1 oz of Optimum No Rinse into that gallon (a capful of the 32oz bottle is roughly 1/2 oz). Get a second jug of distilled water, and mix about 2 oz of ONR. Distribute this solution into a spray bottle.

You'll need a lot of clean microfiber towels for this method. Put about 10 towels into the bucket you emptied the gallon into, let them soak. As you're washing the car, presoak the entire panel with the solution you put into the bottle. Now pull out a fresh towel from the bucket, fold it into quarters and wipe the panel, making sure to flip to a fresh side pretty regularly. After the panel has been wiped down and cleaned, use a waffle weave drying towel and dry the panel off.

Boom, clean, spotless car.

If you haven't tried optimum no rinse, I recommend you trying it. It's cheap and has tons of more uses. Lets you wash your car in the garage (helpful if you live in a place with little shade or hot summers).

I only ever go back to the two bucket method if the car is heavily soiled.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
Thanks for the recommendation! That's the kind of foam I was imagining! Did you do that with a foam gun or foam cannon?

I'll use up what I've got and then look into this stuff. :thumbsup:
Many great products out there. Just gotta find out what makes you happy.

I'm a big fan of:

foam cannon - Chemical Guys EQP300 MTM Professional Foam Cannon
soap - Meguiar's D11101 Shampoo Plus
buff - Meguiar's M2 Mirror Glaze Fine-Cut Cleaner
sealant - Chemical Guys WAC_118_16 - JetSeal Sealant and Paint Protectant
wax - Chemical Guys WAC_300 - Pete's '53 Black Pearl Crystal Polymer White Carnuba Paste Wax
detail spray - Chemical Guys WAC808 Hybrid V7
tire & trim detail - Chemical Guys TVD10716 V.R.P. Super Shine Dressing
interior - Chemical Guys SPI993 Nonsense Colorless and Odorless All Surface Cleaner - !!! This stuff is a must have !!!
glass - buff with Meguiar's M2 then use JetSeal Sealant and Paint Protectant
fabric guard - Chemical Guys SPI21016 Fabric Guard Interior Protector Shield

Here's my SS after 14K miles so on it & almost a year old I gave it a full detail. Buff with a Porter Cable 7424 XP then seal ( 2 coats 20 mins apart) & wax by foam pads.

Also detailed my Mustang with 32K miles on it with the same stuff above. Pics were taken on an overcast day but the paint really pops in the sun.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ground Speed

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Did a maintenance wash today, a week later. Was much easier this time around. I also bought the female/male quick connect adapters for the spray gun.

I also learned if you run over the spray gun's bottle it is soft enough plastic to mostly bend back out . Mostly. :(

I also washed the OEM grilles which were sitting dirty in the RTR shipping boxes. Now I just need to figure out how to mount them on my garage wall.
Sponsored