Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
Any chance of a manual lol.

don’t kill me please.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Electrification is where we are going, like it or not. The GT500 team is working on other things now and have been for some time. The manual GT500 ship sailed long ago, early in development.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Any chance of a manual lol.

don’t kill me please.
I think about as much chance as the C8 Corvette getting one ...

i.e., now that higher end, higher output cars have mostly migrated away from any manual option, and with DCT transmissions being so incredibly performant, while preventing manual "Uh ohs", there's just no business justification (and that's backed by marketing of the quickest/fastest).

I think we're seeing some continuation of programs that were already in place, for example, the manual in the GT, and the use of an existing manual part from the GT350 being used in the Mach I.

I mean, even the Hellcat variants don't offer the manual in the Redye models. I think for the few and far between people who will only buy a manual, there's a decent number of new car options (at least, right now).

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think about as much chance as the C8 Corvette getting one ...

i.e., now that higher end, higher output cars have mostly migrated away from any manual option, and with DCT transmissions being so incredibly performant, while preventing manual "Uh ohs", there's just no business justification (and that's backed by marketing of the quickest/fastest).

I think we're seeing some continuation of programs that were already in place, for example, the manual in the GT, and the use of an existing manual part from the GT350 being used in the Mach I.

I mean, even the Hellcat variants don't offer the manual in the Redye models. I think for the few and far between people who will only buy a manual, there's a decent number of new car options (at least, right now).
Thanks but it was just a joke. You know me trying to be funny.

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Thanks but it was just a joke. You know me trying to be funny.
Well, yeah, I got that it was a terrible joke :D, but it was still sort of an interesting discussion point, especially in 2021, where Ford is __still__ offering brand new model variants with a manual, but we're still seeing most other high performance cars / specific models not even offer one.

Don't you have a Hellcat on order or something? Did you get a manual?

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, yeah, I got that it was a terrible joke :D, but it was still sort of an interesting discussion point, especially in 2021, where Ford is __still__ offering brand new model variants with a manual, but we're still seeing most other high performance cars / specific models not even offer one.

Don't you have a Hellcat on order or something? Did you get a manual?
I will be ordering a T/A 392 manual but no I can’t afford a hellcat or GT500. Personally I don’t see the point of a manual in anything over 700 hp.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I don’t see the point of a manual in anything over 700 hp.
so you can succeed or more likely fail at using the clutch appropriately and properly. Just because 700HP is on tap doesn't mean it's ok to just revert to lizard brain "hulk smash gas pedal, duuhhh" level of intelligence.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
All true, Matt but it's also easier to make a mistake at the worst time. Heck, in durability alone, I bet the DCT will outlast three flywheel clutches.

Call us wimps, or whatever, but I agree with CL, ON THE STREET...I would not want a manual in this car as IMHO, it would truly reduce both its performance and pizzazz.

Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so you can succeed or more likely fail at using the clutch appropriately and properly. Just because 700HP is on tap doesn't mean it's ok to just revert to lizard brain "hulk smash gas pedal, duuhhh" level of intelligence.
My point is if you want 700+ hp you clearly want to go fast, what’s the point of slowing yourself back down with a manual? Like I said I will be getting a manual hopefully this summer, but no way would I want one in a GT500 or hellcat.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
but no way would I want one in a GT500 or hellcat.
I have driven both Camaro ZLE and Hellcat's with manuals. Loved it. Would never buy either one without a manual. 700HP is fast and who give's a sh*t about ET on a drag strip? If you're a "driver" you don't resort to cheats like automatics. I mean why have a driver at all. Just whip out your joystick and do it from the pit wall like a Radio COntrol car.

Reactions: JT1

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have driven both Camaro ZLE and Hellcat's with manuals. Loved it. Would never buy either one without a manual. 700HP is fast and who give's a sh*t about ET on a drag strip? If you're a "driver" you don't resort to cheats like automatics. I mean why have a driver at all. Just whip out your joystick and do it from the pit wall like a Radio COntrol car.
Ok buddy let’s agree to disagree. And yes some people really do car about that ET on a strip the same people who will leave those manuals in the taillights.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Ok buddy let’s agree to disagree. And yes some people really do car about that ET on a strip the same people who will leave those manuals in the taillights.
Well the DCT people will soon realize they lost when a manual owner gets out of his car and explains to the DCT driver how he's the real enthusiast and that he lives life a quarter mile at a time. Being one with man and machine much like using a dildo.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I will be ordering a T/A 392 manual but no I can’t afford a hellcat or GT500. Personally I don’t see the point of a manual in anything over 700 hp.
Do they make the 392 anymore[?] I thought they were ScatPacks, either way, that performance level will be plenty fun. The Charger/Challenger manuals are very solid, I only got to drive one for a few minutes, but it felt good.

Definitely go widebody, umm, here I built you a '21 Widebody ScatPack, all the extra driver/electronic goodies, upgraded interior, granite gray, black wheels, with red calipers and red interior :D

$49K MSRP (probably easy to find a $5K discount), that's a lot of car for that price (especially as I optioned it).

1609780332880.png
Sponsored