Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
this was not done easily and this was not done cheaply.

your version of easy is very different.

I don't have a "definition" of easy, but I was under the impression it was ported blower, blower lid, fuel (e85 or race fuel), headers, pulley, suspension, weight loss, tune and tire. Maybe I'm over simplifying, but as some folks have mentioned, this and more would have been necessary years ago to get into the 10's. I was just impressed at how far we've come, not trying to take anything away from @Evolution Performance. I've ridden in their previous record holding GT w/Edelbrock setup.

Hangman77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gt350R Heritage
I don't have a "definition" of easy, but I was under the impression it was ported blower, blower lid, fuel (e85 or race fuel), headers, pulley, suspension, weight loss, tune and tire. Maybe I'm over simplifying, but as some folks have mentioned, this and more would have been necessary years ago to get into the 10's. I was just impressed at how far we've come, not trying to take anything away from @Evolution Performance. I've ridden in their previous record holding GT w/Edelbrock setup.
No doubt super impressive. It’s just not easy to run that time. The tuning alone and patience to repeatedly keep running that car to dial it in is hard. They’ve been running that car hard since middle last year adding to it. 8’s never come easy. It’s wicked hard to get a car that fast.

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
That's the only GT500 with a set of drag brakes. Anybody can be the first with parts others don't have.

Sponsored

Alex.Envy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
That's the only GT500 with a set of drag brakes. Anybody can be the first with parts others don't have.
isn’t having non market parts what makes the first anyways? Lol wasn’t sure if you were downing on their achievements just because they did a specific mod or not.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Glad to see an 8 second run.

Sponsored

kcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, Base w/tech, black roof, vinyl stripes
Definitely can build a faster car for less money yes. But with the 500, you can recoup most of your money because the cars hold their value.
If you buy a GT and put in $20k, sell in 2 years and you will probably lose $30k.
But a built GT is no joke and super fast.

Here you go . Not to take anything away from the GT 500... but it can be done ”easier “ and about “$50K cheaper” in a base mustang GT with A10.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/project-goldmember

24A7A9DF-D02C-4DD4-A71C-154CB9517CEA.png
Sponsored