Sponsored

First 2015 Ford Mustang to be auctioned at Barrett-Jackson

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
Just watched it on the DVR. This is one handsome car. DIB looks sick, might be my front runner on color. Did the headlights/tri bar LEDs look bluer than people thought? Is that the stock look I wonder.... Looked good with blue car.

Weird he closed the bidding almost immediately after it hit 300k.
I'm not sure...but I think it ended at 295k but the winner upped it to 300k for Charity. That would explain the quick ending.

But yeah, the lights definitely looked to have a light blue hue to them. They looked incredible combined with DIB on the rest of the car. Probably the best color for the car IMHO.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
It was cool to see but that a letdown it didn't go for more. The Z28 sold for 650K.
Who cares? The 5th Gen Camaro is yesterday's news. The z28 is just the latest high performance version of an overweight chassis and cartoonish design. Rick Hendrick bought that and the COPO anyway. He always goes all out to raise money and further his collection.

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
I'm not sure...but I think it ended at 295k but the winner upped it to 300k for Charity. That would explain the quick ending.

But yeah, the lights definitely looked to have a light blue hue to them. They looked incredible combined with DIB on the rest of the car. Probably the best color for the car IMHO.
Ah got it. Classy......yup DIB with those lights equals :hail:

This is the first Mustang since the first gen that there is literally nothing I dont like. Usually there is a part here or there that bugs me, not this one.

Ponywars

Well not really a comparison, gt is mass market, z28 is very limited.
Even so, it more than doubled it, by 350k more. It's also the 50th anniv.

Who cares? The 5th Gen Camaro is yesterday's news. The z28 is just the latest high performance version of an overweight chassis and cartoonish design. Rick Hendrick bought that and the COPO anyway. He always goes all out to raise money and further his collection.
My point exactly. It didn't deserve that high of a bid IMO.

Sponsored

Lavien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Does anyone know who the winning bidder was?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Anybody's got a video link to it. Watched it last night until 11pm and did not see it cross the block.
Then speed channel switched to motocross. WTF :shrug:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Anybody's got a video link to it. Watched it last night until 11pm and did not see it cross the block.
Then speed channel switched to motocross. WTF :shrug:
JarStang posted it in the thread about the DIB spotted at BJ.......

[ame]

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Thank god you're there TT, what would all the Mustang sites do without you !!! ;)

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Love the look of those 20" wheels, but i'd like if they offer them in black.

tslim

It was cool to see but that a letdown it didn't go for more. The Z28 sold for 650K.
Maybe if they released HP and weight it would have ;)

Seriously though, if that was the first retail 50th anniv GT350 it would have seen those bids too I bet.

Ponywars

"Local Ford dealer Sam Pack, a serious car collector who owns more than 250 vehicles, bid $300,000 recently at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale to buy the first 2015 Mustang GT when it goes on sale this fall.

Pack’s 2015 Mustang GT will be placed in his museum in Farmers Branch. He will be able to specify the color and options when Ford begins building the cars later this year, and has indicated he will likely go with red."
Sponsored