Sponsored

First 2015 Ford Mustang (s550) Full Prototype on Video! [Updated with V8 Sounds]

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
I noticed that this prototype doesnt have sequential taillights. You can see it @ around the 50 sec mark when its making a right turn. Dont know if this means that the 2015 wont have it as well..
You can only see one tail light, so that doesn't really mean anything. The other two are hidden.
Sponsored

KingofQueens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
You can only see one tail light, so that doesn't really mean anything. The other two are hidden.
True, but the time intervals b/w the blinks would lead me to believe that it is too fast for sequentials. Unless its a more "free flowing/continuous" sequentials instead of the currents where its blink,blink,blink. (not sure if that make sense)

Retrostang

Retrostang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Platinum
Yes it is! It takes to long. Jk idk I was just wondering idc about it, it's not a necessity
The Mustang is one of the few Fords that still doesn't have push button start. Some base models still use a key. I have a feeling the 15's will get it.

KZStang

True, but the time intervals b/w the blinks would lead me to believe that it is too fast for sequentials. Unless its a more "free flowing/continuous" sequentials instead of the currents where its blink,blink,blink. (not sure if that make sense)
I noticed this as well and did a comparison side by side. The lights are blinking slightly quicker in the prototype, but not fast enough to draw any conclusions.

Obviously the lights are obscured, and not just the other two lights but also the one showing -- which is just shows what the cutout in the camo wants you to see. It is likely of course the redesigned taillights dont have the current "ring" around them and we're getting a more solid looking bar like the SN95.

Sponsored

KZStang

Regarding the sound, it sounds like the GT500 exhaust to me. A real nice throaty hum at low rev too.

Ford has emphasized the exhaust note of this next Mustang from the very beginning. Remember the teaser?

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
They are probably fake taillights anyway haha
They might be. It may be a fake panel put over the real rear. That was actually my first thought when I saw them, because it looked really strange to me, like it wasn't finished. Back in December, I was reading an article in Car and Driver of an interview with someone who actually got to see the design mock ups and handle the parts. He said that the rear was amazing, and the highlight of the car, he also said that the tail lights had huge depth to them, like you could wrap your whole hand around one. So I think the tail may be a fake, in order to hide it for the final reveal.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Yes, they are.

Our photographer confirmed that those lenses are definitely fakes.
Just out of curiosity, ho do you get the pix straight from the photographer?

Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
There's this new thing called email.
I'm taling about how he gets it exclusively like the big guys like M/T, Autoblog, C&D, ect. Photographers don't do this stuff for no pay.

CoyoteMan

If this is the V8, I'm really excited about the V6 exhaust sound if that was it in the first video. It sounded better than my current ride.

With the 4-cylinder also being offered now, I am thinking they will work to keep the exhaust note as distinct as they can for each trim.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Tire Size

From the looks of it these are
255/40R-19 Pirelli PZero max performance, 19 x 9-in.

Hoping they have staggered option.
(need to fill a wee bit more)
(Boss 302: 285/35R-19 Pirelli PZero max, 19 x 9.5-in.)
tires.jpg

DJ

Would be awesome if these are stock for the GT. Possible? Even if not these, at least give us 19's after teasing it.
Sponsored