First 1/4 mile runs with the 2019.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Finally ran the 2019 (PP1, A10, resonator delete) tonight at the track. Temps were in the mid 60s, humidity around 35%, 550 feet above sea level. Density Altitude: 1247 feet, Relative Density: 96.4 % according to the calculator.

That being said. This was my first time launching the A10. All of my other mustangs were manual and it was surprisingly tricky!

My first mistakes were trying to launch between 1500-1800. Big mistake. 1st gear and 2nd gear went up in smoke. Ran a 15 something....

Long story short. I found my best launches on the stock PS4S was launching off idle at 24 psi (I could/should have gone lower psi).

My two best runs were [email protected] & 1.99 60ft. And my best was [email protected] & 1.98 60ft

I did a total of 8 runs and I have a good idea thatā€™s the best Iā€™m going to do on street tires. Overall Iā€™m very impressed! It pulls like a freight train and so much faster than my old manual ā€˜11GT! Itā€™s an absolutely blast. The drag mode is incredible!

I also have inside and outside videos of the runs I took. Let me know what you think. I know it needs some work on hooking up. But do the numbers look about right for a stock GT? Keep in mind this is my daily driver as well.

Outside view:

Inside view:
Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Cool video!! Thinking back to the beginning when I ran Factory Tires... My best ET was from an idle launch with 25psi!? The only problem was a 1/2 second Reaction Time (the class I run qualifies on R/T). But the NMRA/NMCA "True Street" class is all about ET! Maybe (summer only) street tires aren't all bad!? Just depends on which class and what association you race in!!
Have Fun!

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Reaction times are not effected by tire selection. They are 99 44/100% human. Case and point...my only 000 reaction time was in a stock 2013 GT manual with Nitto G series street tires on it (read the slip attached). You can buy a ET and a high MPH, but you can't buy a low AND consistent reaction time. Simply takes time and practice. Why do you see the pro's constantly working on their reaction times with their simulator setups in the pits at NHRA events? It's all experience and training and practice of hand-eye-foot coordination as that may apply to the setup.

1YtsIZa.jpg

OP - good job on figuring out the setup on stock tires. Leaving on a street tire (not a DR) isn't easy regadless of manual or auto. 1.9's are good especially on a stock setup IMHO. I was able to pull off 1.8's in a 2005 GT (FI setup)with 427RWHP on the stock 235's on the car with stock suspension, on 28psi and leaving at 2200 RPM with a manual. Every other car on street tires before and after always resulted in a best of 1.9x. Decent ET's as well. Your DA will have some effect on that ET so with some better air you should be able to find another .05 - .100 off that time if you can get it to hook. I see 12.1X in your near future. I always found that going around the burnout box and just lightly scuffing the tires to clean them gained me the best leave. Big burn outs only caused issues with street tires. But you may already likely know that. Stay at it.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Chill out dude!
Changing tires cut "MY" reaction time in "MY" car! Fact!!
Peace be with you...

qtrmiler2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I have gone 11.70s on a stock tire.18 pp1 10speed.26 psi in the rear. I tried a mickey ss drag radial and had a bad swaying issue.Did mess with tire pressure and it didnt help so off they came.Going to try a nitto next year.

Sponsored

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Finally ran the 2019 (PP1, A10, resonator delete) tonight at the track. Temps were in the mid 60s, humidity around 35%, 550 feet above sea level. Density Altitude: 1247 feet, Relative Density: 96.4 % according to the calculator.

That being said. This was my first time launching the A10. All of my other mustangs were manual and it was surprisingly tricky!

My first mistakes were trying to launch between 1500-1800. Big mistake. 1st gear and 2nd gear went up in smoke. Ran a 15 something....

Long story short. I found my best launches on the stock PS4S was launching off idle at 24 psi (I could/should have gone lower psi).

My two best runs were [email protected] & 1.99 60ft. And my best was [email protected] & 1.98 60ft

I did a total of 8 runs and I have a good idea thatā€™s the best Iā€™m going to do on street tires. Overall Iā€™m very impressed! It pulls like a freight train and so much faster than my old manual ā€˜11GT! Itā€™s an absolutely blast. The drag mode is incredible!

I also have inside and outside videos of the runs I took. Let me know what you think. I know it needs some work on hooking up. But do the numbers look about right for a stock GT? Keep in mind this is my daily driver as well.

Outside view:

Inside view:
Nice runs! That's great you got 8 runs in to really be able to test different launch techniques. Stock on stock tires (full weight), I was only able to make one pass and only managed a 2.06 60' on PS4S. Had them at 26 psi cold, drove around water box, small burnout just to clean them, revved to 1500 rpm, eased into the throttle, spun and wheel hopped on 1-2 shift, spun 2-3 shift, small spin 3-4 shift, and managed a 12.23 @ 117.78 so right in line with you there. That was with 1087 DA. In better air and with a sticky tire, you can shave a lot more time as it sits!

Btw, car sounded really good going down the track. Which resonator delete is that? Active exhaust?

OP
OP
W.O.T. Stang

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Nice runs! That's great you got 8 runs in to really be able to test different launch techniques. Stock on stock tires (full weight), I was only able to make one pass and only managed a 2.06 60' on PS4S. Had them at 26 psi cold, drove around water box, small burnout just to clean them, revved to 1500 rpm, eased into the throttle, spun and wheel hopped on 1-2 shift, spun 2-3 shift, small spin 3-4 shift, and managed a 12.23 @ 117.78 so right in line with you there. That was with 1087 DA. In better air and with a sticky tire, you can shave a lot more time as it sits!

Btw, car sounded really good going down the track. Which resonator delete is that? Active exhaust?
So happy to see that Iā€™m right in time with what I should be. I had so much trouble with the launches on the first 4 runs. Drag mode is so violent! But I love it!

The exhaust is a Steeda H pipe, stock cats of course; and active exhaust in track mode. Iā€™ll never change the exhaust. Itā€™s perfect to me, and I love the fact I can change it on the fly as I see fit.

After the 12.2 pass launching off idle, I had two more runs. One of which was a 13.0 with tons of wheel spin launching around 12-1300 rpm. I realized I wasnā€™t going to be able to do much more than that with the current conditions and tires. Iā€™ve heard of people running high 11s at 120 stock, but Iā€™m not sure how.

All in all Iā€™m super excited for what I ran on a stock car. These things really are amazing!

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So happy to see that Iā€™m right in time with what I should be. I had so much trouble with the launches on the first 4 runs. Drag mode is so violent! But I love it!

The exhaust is a Steeda H pipe, stock cats of course; and active exhaust in track mode. Iā€™ll never change the exhaust. Itā€™s perfect to me, and I love the fact I can change it on the fly as I see fit.

After the 12.2 pass launching off idle, I had two more runs. One of which was a 13.0 with tons of wheel spin launching around 12-1300 rpm. I realized I wasnā€™t going to be able to do much more than that with the current conditions and tires. Iā€™ve heard of people running high 11s at 120 stock, but Iā€™m not sure how.

All in all Iā€™m super excited for what I ran on a stock car. These things really are amazing!
Yeah, those are some good times on street tires. It is definitely a learned skill/art to launching on stock tires but also track prep and weather play a big part. I've heard of guys punching it from a 1500 rpm launch and it just hooking and going to a low 1.9 or better 60' and then some ease into the throttle to prevent tire spin and then ease up before 1-2 shift.

If I didn't already have slicks from my last car, I would still be practicing launches on the PS4S.

Your car sounds great. Love the sound of the resonator deletes.

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Good runs man, any updated mods?

OP
OP
W.O.T. Stang

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Good runs man, any updated mods?
No mods planned. It's a daily driver car and more than i need on the street these days. I'm perfectly happy with what it accomplishes as is.

I toyed with the idea of tune/E85, but I don't feel like losing the warranty on a new car if it ever came to that.
Sponsored