• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Voted Firestone. I wish I had taken a chance on them last year when I bought my Conti DW's. They were quite a bit less too. Loved my Firestone SZ50EP's back in the day. Firestone could probably charge $50 more per tire and still sell them well.
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Voted Firestone. I wish I had taken a chance on them last year when I bought my Conti DW's. They were quite a bit less too. Loved my Firestone SZ50EP's back in the day. Firestone could probably charge $50 more per tire and still sell them well.
Dude I can't stand the Conti DW tires I have... feel your pain.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
I got Firehawk Indy 500 255/40/19 all corners for EB PP. Problem is that my Pzero hasn't died yet and I haven't had a good economical reason to put them on... although my mind is shouting "JUST DO IT"

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
On street, they're okay. Soft sidewall so car feels a little more plushy and lazy than I'd prefer. The really wide grooves seem to catch uneven lines and influence the direction of the car. Drive the same road all the time, never an issue with other tires. I consider these a great choice for a summer tire on a Mercedes E-class, not a Mustang.

On a road course, great learnin' tire cuz it's cheap and the softer sidewall helps you to be smooth or you start to roll 'em. Heat up right. They whine and piss nicely enough if you are pushing their limit - don't break loose without warning. But second track day they're starting to really shave off A LOT at the edges of the groove and seem to wear at an angle on the lines and both track days I've used them on were mostly wet. There's not a lot of actual tread touching the ground because of the huge grooves. They are a great rain tire as a result though - you'll feel like you're strolling by everyone in the rain. On two road courses when finally dry they just seemed to skip skip skip a lot and it's really annoying. Their turn in felt lazy due to the soft sidewall - like it goes where you want it but I was wanting more feedback. You don't feel much at all through the wheel. I mean they could be a lot worse, but... soft sidewalls bother me.

Overall, they're a very Nitto Invo tire to me... better on a luxury car. But... I guess I'm happy I have them for learning tires - got them for that reason. But they just... not a fan in the dry on track. Won't use them again except as a rain tire.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
On street, they're okay. Soft sidewall so car feels a little more plushy and lazy than I'd prefer. The really wide grooves seem to catch uneven lines and influence the direction of the car. Drive the same road all the time, never an issue with other tires. I consider these a great choice for a summer tire on a Mercedes E-class, not a Mustang.

On a road course, great learnin' tire cuz it's cheap and the softer sidewall helps you to be smooth or you start to roll 'em. Heat up right. They whine and piss nicely enough if you are pushing their limit - don't break loose without warning. But second track day they're starting to really shave off A LOT at the edges of the groove and seem to wear at an angle on the lines and both track days I've used them on were mostly wet. There's not a lot of actual tread touching the ground because of the huge grooves. They are a great rain tire as a result though - you'll feel like you're strolling by everyone in the rain. On two road courses when finally dry they just seemed to skip skip skip a lot and it's really annoying. Their turn in felt lazy due to the soft sidewall - like it goes where you want it but I was wanting more feedback. You don't feel much at all through the wheel. I mean they could be a lot worse, but... soft sidewalls bother me.

Overall, they're a very Nitto Invo tire to me... better on a luxury car. But... I guess I'm happy I have them for learning tires - got them for that reason. But they just... not a fan in the dry on track. Won't use them again except as a rain tire.
Just to clarify, you're talking about the Conti DW right?

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto

Continental VW (Very Wet) confirmed?:headbonk:

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
It's out there, no secret of the Conti's soft(er) sidewalls. Good tires, just gotta pay a bit more attention around the local drive-thru's.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Dont care for the soft sidewalls and mine has started driving wonky after about 14k miles and Ive aligned it twice.

bluehorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
Getting FFI500 on tomorrow. Ive been holding onto wheels since black Friday waiting for spring. Cant wait to finally get them on. Going 275/40/19 square on 19x10. Ill let you know how I like them.

Ive been running S04PP which are also a fantastic tire. Bought them used (guy basically never even drove on them) but they are small. 245/40/19 in the front and 275/35/19 in the rear. But I ran them through winter and never had an issue with grip both below 30* and just above freezing and pouring rain. I honestly think the S04PP are largely underestimated thanks to the MPSS. Bought the FFI500 due to the cost.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Getting FFI500 on tomorrow. Ive been holding onto wheels since black Friday waiting for spring. Cant wait to finally get them on. Going 275/40/19 square on 19x10. Ill let you know how I like them.

Ive been running S04PP which are also a fantastic tire. Bought them used (guy basically never even drove on them) but they are small. 245/40/19 in the front and 275/35/19 in the rear. But I ran them through winter and never had an issue with grip both below 30* and just above freezing and pouring rain. I honestly think the S04PP are largely underestimated thanks to the MPSS. Bought the FFI500 due to the cost.
That's the same tire and wheel dimensions I'm going to be running this summer. I'd love to see pics when you get them on the car if you'll share?

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I have the ps91 on my procharged car and they are great tire for the money.Very soft compound,when warmed up bite very well for summer performance tire.I have not tried the Firestone's yet but the imo the ps91's are better then the pzero's at alot better price.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I have the ps91 on my procharged car and they are great tire for the money.Very soft compound,when warmed up bite very well for summer performance tire.I have not tried the Firestone's yet but the imo the ps91's are better then the pzero's at alot better price.
how would you rate the straight line traction. i assume 1 and 2 still dont hook

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Recently went over to the new Firehawk Indy 500 (265/40/19 all around) and the car handles like it's on rails. Highly recommended.

Not to mention the tread pattern is killer.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.