Sponsored

Finally took delivery of my 2023 Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L HPP

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
I was 21 years old when I bought the 1979 Mustang Cobra. I'm 65 years old now. If memory serves, 8HP more for the 5.0 then. Fuel Economy was important around then, just like now, especially with the gas prices in Vancouver, BC. I noticed these 2023 tires are bad when cold. I won't be driving it a lot though.
Seriously - the Corsas are AWFUL. First thing I had done before even driving my ‘22 home was to swap out the Corsas for for Michigan-appropriate Bridgestone RE980 AS+. T’was a good decision - outstanding tires! I did the summer/winter tire swap thing with my 2011 5.0 and finally decided to just roll with ultra high performance all-seasons. Honestly, don’t miss the summer tires.
IMG_3231.jpeg
Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
And saved 9 grand. Of which you could spend 3 or so and have a vastly better car than either of the other options.
yea, but it wasn’t a convertible and ultimately that’s what she decided to get. I liked the 2023 w HPP and HP. They had it marked down quite a bit and Ford had great rates. She wants what she wants and I know that convertible would have always been on her mind.

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously - the Corsas are AWFUL. First thing I had done before even driving my ‘22 home was to swap out the Corsas for for Michigan-appropriate Bridgestone RE980 AS+. T’was a good decision - outstanding tires! I did the summer/winter tire swap thing with my 2011 5.0 and finally decided to just roll with ultra high performance all-seasons. Honestly, don’t miss the summer tires.
Similarly, I also run with the Pilot Sport AS 4 tires now since I was tired of replacing every year almost and semi-sketchy situations in the rain (Nitto G2s were the worst for this of the ones I've tried). They've been serving me well and haven't picked up as many nails either which is nice.

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Similarly, I also run with the Pilot Sport AS 4 tires now since I was tired of replacing every year almost and semi-sketchy situations in the rain (Nitto G2s were the worst for this of the ones I've tried). They've been serving me well and haven't picked up as many nails either which is nice.
I have Pilot AS3’s on my 2011 5.0 and was planning on getting AS4’s for my HPP, but they were on back order in the 265/40R19 size last October. No regrets with the RE980’s though…. they’ve been phenomenal!

Son of SVO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Ecoboost premium coupe
IMG_3231.jpeg
Agreed, the Pirellis are bad. I do the summer/winter swap too. My Corsa4s lasted about 12k, replaced with Michelin PS4S..huge difference BUT still a summer only tire. I put them back on in the spring but they were pretty worn. Like you I went with AS. Michelin PSAS4. Love them! When did Ford switch over to front Brembos on the handling pack? My 2020 has the GT four pistons with semi metallic pads.

Sponsored

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, the Pirellis are bad. I do the summer/winter swap too. My Corsa4s lasted about 12k, replaced with Michelin PS4S..huge difference BUT still a summer only tire. I put them back on in the spring but they were pretty worn. Like you I went with AS. Michelin PSAS4. Love them! When did Ford switch over to front Brembos on the handling pack? My 2020 has the GT four pistons with semi metallic pads.
I’m not sure when the front brakes switched over to the Brembos. Guessing some time prior to the 2022 order bank opening. It’s definitely A LOT of brakes. They tend to be really grouchy on cool/cold mornings until they’ve warmed up, but the stopping power is relentless.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Congrad's.
I have a 2020 hhp fully loaded car, they are quick.
Do yourself a solid and take the oem tires off. They are only fair at temps over 62* out anything lower they are hockey pucks with almost zero traction.
I haven't changed mine yet, but should have a year ago , yes they are that bad.
That said if you only drive when it is 70+ out and sunny, they are ok. but lower than that, a 80 hp 1980 n/a 2.3 four banger could spin the those tires.
Sponsored