Sponsored

Finally took delivery of my 2018 GT

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Finally took delivery of my 2018 a few weeks back am still on the break-in miles but this car just feels amazing, slowly unlocking more of the car. First of all the sound just cannot be compared to anything on the roads here, people just breaking necks everywhere didn't expect that tbh. The 10AT is doing it's job really well, still learning the modes first couple hunderd miles have been in Normal mode stuck on D which makes the car comfortable and willing to spread it's legs when mashing the throttle, although Normal mode + D really doesn't like varied throttle input. Been dabbling a bit with the Sport + D and it completely transforms the car, good response and seems to understand what you want out of it, in Sport + D you can adjust with the flippers but it'll regain auto control in about 5 seconds. You also have more breathing room moving on and off the throttle without it shifting into a different gear. Next is playing with the shifter in S which when using the flippers will keep it in manual mode, but haven't done any of this yet. Few hunderd miles left on the break-in period so it'll be easier to explore more the capabilities.

With the way these drive modes work and this car being a GT I have to say Magneride is a must on a car like this. Mustang's are GT cars so they are heavy and comfortable in the first place but having the drive modes and the Magneride just transforms the car, makes it feel lighter and more nimble. Normal mode it's comfortable but it tightens up the second you do any spirited driving and in sport Magneride just tightens up even more. Did notice on bad roads it's better to stick in normal, sport is just too stiff, which I guess is a good thing.

The active exhaust is also nice to have, the ability to go silent is useful sometimes, but it's especially good in just normal and sport. The fact the system has a valve that can be position anywhere they like they can engineer the sound depending on rpm which just gives the sound way more character and makes it come alive. I have tried the exhaust in circuit but tbh it's pointless sure it opens it up down low but you lose the character of the sound it just becomes slightly louder but it starts to produce a drone and stuff might resonate bit like those honda civics you sometimes hear on the road. Circuit really is just great when keeping the revs high, down low it's not that great.

Did have an issue with a few bolts on the front bumper they came loose and had to be replaced, so to be save I had the car on a lift to check out the undercarriage to make sure there were no problems after the issues with the bumper. Everything was fine except for a line that was running passed one of the cats which wasn't secured in it's clip. Able to report the protection they have done on the exhaust against salt and what not looks to have been done really well without any excessive overspray on other parts. So from about the cats all the way down up until the exhaust tips it's been coated.

The car is in for it's full xpel right now and happy to report by those guys that for an American car the paint is of good quality with no issues.

Here are a few pics:
20180720_Fotoshoot_foto_1.jpg

20180720_Fotoshoot_foto_2.jpg

20180720_Fotoshoot_foto_3.jpg

20180720_Fotoshoot_foto_4.jpg

20180720_Fotoshoot_foto_5.jpg

20180720_Fotoshoot_foto_6.jpg

20180720_Fotoshoot_foto_7.jpg

20180720_Fotoshoot_foto_8.jpg

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2538.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
Congratulations!!! :) Mine is on the boat :p hehe

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Congratulations on your new Mustang. The wheels are really fine.

OP
OP
Double

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers, just went passed the break-in 1500 km's so I started opening it up more and the sounds it makes when shifting from 2-3 and 3-4 sometimes are just glorius, like a lion just takes a roaring bite out of each gear.
Sponsored