Finally, something good from Ford and my dealer

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I bought my GT last spring, shopping for the best price but giving my local dealer a little bias since they are local, and bought it nearly local (one town over), which is part of a large regional chain. Unbeknownst to me, they offer three free oil changes with any new Ford, so Saturday I went in for my free oil change. I would rather do it myself, but at 10 quarts of synthetic (or synthetic blend, in this case) it was worth an hour of my Saturday to save about $60. And they didn't bugger it up, the car didn't fall off the lift, they didn't do doughnuts in the parking lot, and the car seems fine. How about that!

Then I got an email from Ford with an update on my Ford Pass points. I got, it seems, zero points for my free oil change, but it did at least remind me that I had 42,000 points, from buying the car. I had no idea. So I went to the parts department and got my spare tire kit. Net price to me, with taxes: $67. Sweet.

Other than the new, gnarly dash rattle that I picked up earlier this month, I'm still enjoying my Mustang.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is there a points to dollar conversion anywhere? I’ve never paid any attention to it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.......my Ford Pass points.......I had 42,000 points, from buying the car......
When did Ford Pass points start? Where do you check them?

Sponsored

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I take my car to the local dealer to get my stuff done. They always do a fine job.
With a job/wife/kids/house to deal with, I just don't have time to fart around with oil and rotating tires in my driveway. I've paid my dues in dirt hands, cuts, bad back from wrenching on old cars when I was a youth. I just like to get in a rip.
I did install a Stop the Hop kit myself. That was a bitch. But it worked great!

I am thankful that the dealers haven't screwed it up...

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I take my car to the local dealer to get my stuff done. They always do a fine job.
With a job/wife/kids/house to deal with, I just don't have time to fart around with oil and rotating tires in my driveway. I've paid my dues in dirt hands, cuts, bad back from wrenching on old cars when I was a youth. I just like to get in a rip.
I did install a Stop the Hop kit myself. That was a bitch. But it worked great!

I am thankful that the dealers haven't screwed it up...
I do the same, have been using the same dealer and even the same service advisor for going on 20yrs with no issues. All these "Ford Service Sucks" folks need to remember that dealers are independent and YMMV depending on the dealer. Mine happens to be a good one....

OP
OP
BimmerDriver

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
20yrs with no issues.
That was kind of my point. Most of us are able to get our car serviced without issues (not that I haven't had issues with other cars in the past). It's only the folks that get their car damaged/not fixed that tend to post the results of their visits.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Yeah, I'm one of those, unfortunately. And not once, or twice... but every time I've used dealer for any kind of service, there had been at least one issue... and that includes high-end dealers. So I avoid them like the plague now. Ha ha. If I ever have to take any of my vehicles to a dealer, will give somebody the benefit of the doubt, but while I can do my own maintenance, not going to push my luck unnecessarily :). So no, I never use 'free' oil changes; wish I could pass them to other owners, but I can't.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Yeah, I'm one of those, unfortunately. And not once, or twice... but every time I've used dealer for any kind of service, there had been at least one issue... and that includes high-end dealers. So I avoid them like the plague now. Ha ha. If I ever have to take any of my vehicles to a dealer, will give somebody the benefit of the doubt, but while I can do my own maintenance, not going to push my luck unnecessarily :). So no, I never use 'free' oil changes; wish I could pass them to other owners, but I can't.
^^^^^^^This^^^^
Dealers like to get you in for 'free' oil change or a bogus recall.
Then they proceed to find this wrong or that needs this or something.
Chevy dealer did that to me on my Camaro and Jeep does it
to me on my wife's Jeep............

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I do the same, have been using the same dealer and even the same service advisor for going on 20yrs with no issues. All these "Ford Service Sucks" folks need to remember that dealers are independent and YMMV depending on the dealer. Mine happens to be a good one....
Yea, that's good to read, but.......
.....all it takes is one tech to screw up your car and there you
are trying to prove they scratched, cracked, bent, curbed, forgot or
did burnouts and raced the car. (camera record)
You can't answer for everyone on this forum.............:sunglasses:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I believe there are some good dealer service departments with good techs that can do what needs to be done without harming your car and then there are dealer service departments that don't seem to have a competent person in the shop. If you can find one of the good ones, I see no problem with using them. One thing for sure, is there are some ( a lot of) people that do not have the knowledge or the desire to work on their own cars, and there are those that don't see them as precious, as we do and treat them as just transportation...and that doesn't matter the price of the car. So, the dealerships will stay in business.

I know that if we are honest, I'm pretty sure some of us have screwed up some things also. A bad service department is bad.....no arguing that... but there are some good ones out there.

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
I had a rear washer fluid leak on a Ford that I bought new. Found there was a TSB for it so I brought the car in to have the work done.

Came to pick it up and found a big crease running across the headliner between the rear doors. The tech thought it was faster to fold the headliner in half instead of removing it.

Brought the service manager out to look at it and they agreed to replace the headliner but insisted that the same tech do the job. If they didn't care enough to do it right the first time when they were getting paid, why would they do it right the second time?

I shared this story with the dealership I was buying my Mustang from when they tried to sell me on the extended warranty.

If you can find a good tech and only use them then you're set but otherwise it just feels like you're rolling the dice going in for dealership work.
Sponsored