Sponsored

Finally Ordered 2017 GT350

TheBhavux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350 /2013 Red Scion FRS
Hello all!
This probably is my second post here on the forum.Now I formally can announce that after months of lurking here on the forum and calling/visting countless dealers around looking for at or near MSRP ; I finally was able to find a dealer who has an allocation for 2017 and ordered GT350 with electronics package, Lightning Blue w/ OTT black stripes On 4/18/16 for +$1K over MSRP.....

I am still waiting on the order confirmation, which according to the dealer will take around 1-2 weeks.So I am waiting on them to give me that info, meanwhile I am jumping back and forth with the color choice between OW w/ blue stripes and LB w/black stripes....

Once again, this forum has been a vast source of collective information and kudos to everyone contributing to it and helping a lot of people like me making an informed decision.....
I am certain that this will be a worthy upgrade from 86 twins...let the fun of wait begins....
Sponsored

1BlackSheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 Expedition
Congrats Bhav! I like your tastes as we both pulled the trigger on the Blue/Black combo this week. LB would've been my top blue choice but just couldn't wait that long to drive it...

I have similar feelings on the forum. Really supportive crowd and awesome resource!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Sounds great man! Congratulations! Yes, very tough decision with color and stripe combos. The white with blue stripe looks killer while the same could be said about the LB black stripes. Decisions need to be Made, but fortunately you have up until you get a vin.

Soup80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking to get into first mustang
Congrats! I placed my order last week. Did the dealer say when to expect delivery? I was told Dec for mine.

302toVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Sport Mode ... ALL THE TIME!
Congrats! Same boat here...now the waiting game begins. That new lightning blue is sweet. For a moment though I almost went Grabber with White OTT. Chose to stay classic instead.

Sponsored

OP
OP

TheBhavux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! I placed my order last week. Did the dealer say when to expect delivery? I was told Dec for mine.
No, dealer didn't give me any timeline yet.Although they received their 2016 GT350 in 7 weeks. Again that's just one data point.

OP
OP

TheBhavux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Same boat here...now the waiting game begins. That new lightning blue is sweet. For a moment though I almost went Grabber with White OTT. Chose to stay classic instead.
It's a tough decision. I have seen Lightning blue on GT350 in person, paint quality and the color depth with metallic flake looks absolutely brilliant, I don't think so anyone can go wrong with the color, then I happen to see OW with blue strips after couple of minutes, that color just commands presence, it's just my opinion.
I also saw grabber blue with white stripes, and it doesn't look bad at all, rather grabber blue looks little darker than in photos.

I am heavily leaning on white with blue strips, keeping it classic.

Tigernation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW. hoping to get GT350
It's a tough decision. I have seen Lightning blue on GT350 in person, paint quality and the color depth with metallic flake looks absolutely brilliant, I don't think so anyone can go wrong with the color, then I happen to see OW with blue strips after couple of minutes, that color just commands presence, it's just my opinion.
I also saw grabber blue with white stripes, and it doesn't look bad at all, rather grabber blue looks little darker than in photos.

I am heavily leaning on white with blue strips, keeping it classic.
I am trying to decide my color now :frusty:

So you saw the Lightning blue in person and it was pretty awesome? I have been leaning Av grey or Magnetic but when the 2017 came out with LB I am considering that. Do you think it will look different colors in different lighting due to it being kind of metallic?

OP
OP

TheBhavux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am trying to decide my color now :frusty:

So you saw the Lightning blue in person and it was pretty awesome? I have been leaning Av grey or Magnetic but when the 2017 came out with LB I am considering that. Do you think it will look different colors in different lighting due to it being kind of metallic?
Yeah I was lucky enough to see these colors in person[there's some benefit of living in Michigan, specially around Detroit metro area]. Lightning blue does look exactly how it is advertised by ford in the pictures they released to the press.Those pictures have accurate lighting, it does look sightly dark blue in shade and lighter when under the sun(I wish I was allowed to take pictures on my phone), Just add a color depth with metal flakes when up close.
With Avalanche grey, it's a tricky color..without any black stripes, grey tone is more pronounced. Black strips on top makes a huge difference, grey tones are much lighter since black color from the stripe stands out.

I know, I am in the same boat couldn't firmly decide between LB and OW.
Sponsored