Finally have it! Strangest car purchase I've ever made

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible
Well, I decided to go used over new for a number of reasons. But he main reason was my wife telling me I won't own it long. I tend to buy and sell more often than the average bear. 😄

Needless to same I'm thrilled. I've never owned a Mustang or a sports car for that matter. Closet I came was a 2017 GTI. I ended up buying a 2019 Mustang GT convertible, manual, adaptive exhaust, carbon package and black accent (that one is a tad obvious) that was a former Ford employee lease.

My plan was to search for one over the winter and land a deal. It just happened sooner than I expected. Since winter finally settled in and the roads are disgusting, I ended up hiring a transport company to pick it up and drive it right to a storage warehouse.

These are 1st's for me. I've never bought a car from a dealer that I did not pick up myself. I never bought a car that I didn't immediately drive bring home. I've never stored a car for the winter. I know the car could be driven in this mess, but that's what my truck is for. Plus I'd have no way to clean it before storing it.

Now to wait a long 3 months. In the meantime I need to order springs, wheels, tires, X-Pipe. Line up window tinting and ceramic coating.

Here's some pictures from it on the lot, to in the showroom for delivery, then getting delivered and going into hibernation. It's gets to sleep next to a new Hellcat Charger and a couple classic Camaro's among other things.

IMG_20220110_151744.jpg

PXL_20211221_192235629.jpg

IMG_20220114_103720.jpg

IMG_20220114_103726.jpg

PXL_20220114_181438737.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I think that once you and your wife take it out on a few roads trips together with the top down, she won't let you sell it. Just a hunch. :wink:
Nice car and congratulations on becoming one of 'us'. :fistbump:

Last edited:

Sponsored

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks midlyfe

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Most of the cars I have bought in recent years were purchased sight unseen from dealers thousands of miles away and shipped. I like convertibles and December through February are the best times to buy them, so they always got stored right away, mostly because they had summer tires. My GT was the first car I bought locally in a long time and it has all weather tires. So, I can drive it in the winter, which is a real novelty for me. It's certainly not the best winter car, but we still have an SUV for crappy weather.

OP
OP

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
So why was it strange?
I've never bought a car and didn't drive it, never put it in storage etc. Just strange to me I can't open my garage door and stare at it. I have to wait 3 months. Just feels strange to me.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I've never bought a car and didn't drive it, never put it in storage etc. Just strange to me I can't open my garage door and stare at it. I have to wait 3 months. Just feels strange to me.
Opening the garage door and just staring at it is harder than storing it!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Congrats on your new vert. You’re both going to love it.

Just wondering, do you still have any factory warranty (3/36 bumper to bumper) left? If not you might want to consider a Ford ESP.

OP
OP

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on your new vert. You’re both going to love it.

Just wondering, do you still have any factory warranty (3/36 bumper to bumper) left? If not you might want to consider a Ford ESP.
I have until August with the factory 3/36k. I figured that was enough to get any bugs worked out. Are most people here having a lot of issues that you need an ESP beyond that? Any vendors here sell them for a good price?
Sponsored