rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Had it in the box for awhile and finally had it installed. Satisfied with the product wish i ddnt have to use the wifi remote to turn the LED tri bars on and off. but still satisfied great job Diode :cheers:

Diode Dynamic LED Board w Amber Sequential Feature:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]k9WbKZOAOBE[/MEDIA]"]
Sponsored

czuozo13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ingot Silver EcoBoost
Looks Great, if you dont mind me asking, how much was it to get installed?

S550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Black GT w/performance package
I really like the colored lenses you have. They look great with the tri bar LEDs. Did you do it yourself?

Sponsored

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
the headlights look sick with the reflector blacked out and the trim painted to match. looks awesome man

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
Wait, the DRLs don't turn on and off automatically when you turn the car on?

OP
OP
rio16

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
Looks Great, if you dont mind me asking, how much was it to get installed?
My car was the guinea pig of the shop. Local shop who wants to start installing Diode products on the s550

I really like the colored lenses you have. They look great with the tri bar LEDs. Did you do it yourself?
THanks so much. Local shop did it for me.

damn that looks good!

Thanks

the headlights look sick with the reflector blacked out and the trim painted to match. looks awesome man

Thanks so much

Wait, the DRLs don't turn on and off automatically when you turn the car on?

For mine its not automatic. I have to use the remote to turn it on and off.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
For mine its not automatic. I have to use the remote to turn it on and off.
The instructions included with the kit specify the recommended wiring, so it turns on and off like factory. It should just be a matter of re-wiring them up that way.

Looks great though!

OP
OP
rio16

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
The instructions included with the kit specify the recommended wiring, so it turns on and off like factory. It should just be a matter of re-wiring them up that way.

Looks great though!
Thanks nick i will have it re wired. :cheers:

Sponsored

YLA G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oranginator

Looks great though!
Can I have the euro instructions please? Are they always on or with when de lights are on? License plate wire is the simple solution I guess?

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I rewired my turn signal and that little ugly light next to it so they both turn on for a better look. I usually drive with those lights during the day. Can I:
A) connect the boards to that circuit?
B) still have them on when i turn the headlights on(this should be true, but just checking)

Thx.

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Had it in the box for awhile and finally had it installed. Satisfied with the product wish i ddnt have to use the wifi remote to turn the LED tri bars on and off. but still satisfied great job Diode :cheers:

Diode Dynamic LED Board w Amber Sequential Feature:

That looks amazing!

There is a bit of a debate going on down here in Aus about how to fit these boards. There are a couple of methods being discussed, open the light up from the front by heating and prying open the permaseal, or cutting the back open in specific places and then plastic welding it back together. A couple of guys have bought damaged lights from salvage yards in the US to try this before attempting it on their cars.

It seems that the heating and prying open method, no matter how careful you are, damages the lip around the join and this then looks terrible with the hood open as it is quite visible.

Do you mind telling me how yours were fitted? If the light was heated and pried open, would there be any chance you could take a photo of the top edge of the light for us? If it was done another way would you mind sharing how.

OP
OP
rio16

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
That looks amazing!

There is a bit of a debate going on down here in Aus about how to fit these boards. There are a couple of methods being discussed, open the light up from the front by heating and prying open the permaseal, or cutting the back open in specific places and then plastic welding it back together. A couple of guys have bought damaged lights from salvage yards in the US to try this before attempting it on their cars.

It seems that the heating and prying open method, no matter how careful you are, damages the lip around the join and this then looks terrible with the hood open as it is quite visible.

Do you mind telling me how yours were fitted? If the light was heated and pried open, would there be any chance you could take a photo of the top edge of the light for us? If it was done another way would you mind sharing how.

My installer did it by heating it and prying it open. I'll try to post pics when i get home
Sponsored