Sponsored

Fighter Jet Grey is not... Grey + My underwhelming experience of a Mach 1 "delivery"

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I got my Mustang from the factory without a spec of dirt on it. Maybe I was just lucky?
you confirmed this while the car was still on the transporter or had just been dropped off?
Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
The Porsche Chalk is a lovely color. But the 911 car under that paint might have been an influencing factor.

FJG being modeled after a US Navy fighter would naturally have blue/green in it to be low-viz against gray storm clouds and ocean. The F16/F22 'arctic duty' paint scheme would have been a better choice.
I have to agree here. The FJG doesn't look like any grey that I've seen on a fighter jet, and we've had a bunch come through the port over the years. When Ford announced the fighter jet grey I got a little excited until I saw it. It doesn't come close to any grey I've seen on F15's to F35's.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
you confirmed this while the car was still on the transporter or had just been dropped off?
Still in line with all the other cars that he come off the transport moments before

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
If you want to receive your car in as "good" condition as it came off the final step of the assembly line, then I suggest you go order a vehicle from Bavaria and do an in-person pickup.
I did this with my 2009 335. Had a nice tour of the museum and had a really nice delivery experience (with the car spinning on a turntable as we came down from the lounge). After that, we took the free registration, went on a fast vacation through Germany and Switzerland, then dropped it off at the port shipper before flying home. Only managed to get it up to 120 mph on the Autobahn before the exhaust valves opened fully and the really loud speed alarm in the passenger's seat went off.

It was a blast, and the additional discount for picking it up at the factory paid for most of the vacation. Sadly, BMW USA no longer supports European delivery.

1638804814341.jpeg

1638804897151.jpeg
1638804837255.jpeg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Tired of the color already, and every other manufactures spin on it. It's nice as it is unusual. Like steak eat it every day over a short period of time, it a yawn.

Dirty new cars from a dealer ............. ?

There is Walmart and Macy's dept stores, Macy's most likely will have some up charge. Don't buy a new car from Walmart .

Sponsored

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 & 2021 C8 Z51
I haven't seen one in person, but in all the Youtube video's I've seen I think the FJG looks awesome. In fact, I like everything about that appearance package.

To my eyes, the Mach 1 with the handling package and appearance package all around looks amazing. The wheels & tires, the spoilers, the exhaust, and the overall stance...the car is damn near visually perfect to my eyes.

Along side the GT350R, possibly the best looking mustang ever and one of the best looking vehicles available.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting car color data with gray color holding on to rank #5

Color_data.jpg

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Interesting data on 2021 Mach1, dealer search in the USA. Looks like Mach1 with auto-tranny is easier to purchase close to MSRP. I also noticed on these pages that dealer greed thresholds could be changing from the 20k ADM??

https://www.iseecars.com/cars-for-sale#Location=01803&Radius=all&Make=Ford&Model=Mustang&Year_min=2021&Year_max=2021&Trim=Mach+1&_t=a&maxResults=20&sort=BestDeal&sortOrder=desc&lfc_t0=MTY0MDcwNjcwMjUxOQ==

Isee_cars_snap.jpg
Don’t forget dealers usually list for msrp on those sites but when you contact them often the price is different. I just checked 2 local dealers. One is $10k over for a base, the other is $15k on an HP. And we have 1’ of snow on the ground. That HP car simply isn’t drivable even if you paid for it until prob early March so good luck to them lol

Sponsored

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t forget dealers usually list for msrp on those sites but when you contact them often the price is different. I just checked 2 local dealers. One is $10k over for a base, the other is $15k on an HP. And we have 1’ of snow on the ground. That HP car simply isn’t drivable even if you paid for it until prob early March so good luck to them lol
Atlas1,
I do agree it can be the old bait and switch, that all dealers like to play. They also do not want to quote price on their chat line. Bottom line is that with 20K ADM the price is almost like buying two base mustangs. If the attached price data info is any good then the dealer costs on 2021 Mach 1 model where ~48K they are making good money. Just saw an article that Ford would like to attract younger buyers to the brand. I think most of these buyers are interested in the brands from Japan and Germany. Good luck to Ford.

Dealer_price_data.jpg

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
For 2021 get Iconic Silver. For 2022 DEFINITELY ERUPTION GREEN!!!

1640906454406.png

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas1,
I do agree it can be the old bait and switch, that all dealers like to play. They also do not want to quote price on their chat line. Bottom line is that with 20K ADM the price is almost like buying two base mustangs. If the attached price data info is any good then the dealer costs on 2021 Mach 1 model where ~48K they are making good money. Just saw an article that Ford would like to attract younger buyers to the brand. I think most of these buyers are interested in the brands from Japan and Germany. Good luck to Ford.

Dealer_price_data.jpg
ford should hire me to help them market to young people! come out with a competitor to the new z car. rwd, optional manual trans, don't make it too fancy and keep the price down. have ken block or someone like that do some fun videos. no reason for japan to own that market. call it the cougar maybe.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
come out with a competitor to the new z car. rwd, optional manual trans, don't make it too fancy and keep the price down. have ken block or someone like that do some fun videos. no reason for japan to own that market.
except the youth know American cars are total, unmitigated crap. They believe in the Japanese-brand cars be it their fascination with computer games (almost entirely Japanese or at least very heavy influence), general popular culture (manga, kitche) and the existing 'presence' of hopped up and souped up ricers at every car show and featuring PROMINANTLY at automotive trade shows. About all American entries can muster is throw-backs to the 50/60's which means the only people who appreciate such are at LEAST 50 years old.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
except the youth know American cars are total, unmitigated crap. They believe in the Japanese-brand cars be it their fascination with computer games (almost entirely Japanese or at least very heavy influence), general popular culture (manga, kitche) and the existing 'presence' of hopped up and souped up ricers at every car show and featuring PROMINANTLY at automotive trade shows. About all American entries can muster is throw-backs to the 50/60's which means the only people who appreciate such are at LEAST 50 years old.
The younger crowd I see around here driving Japanese cars don’t seem to know much of anything about cars. They drive around without a front bumper, I think it’s some kind of status symbol maybe? Lots of Subarus with so much camber I honestly don’t know how they complete 90 degree turns. If I was younger and on a budget I would consider a 2 door rwd z type car made by ford if it was a real competitor. I’ve had a Toyota and while it was cool, I was pretty underwhelmed with the features. I didn’t come away thinking I have to exclusively buy Japanese the rest of my life.
Sponsored