Sponsored

Fighter Jet Grey is not... Grey + My underwhelming experience of a Mach 1 "delivery"

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I'm going to get my shadow black wrapped in chalk or nardo grey with black roof. I also have a cement grey TRD PRO Tundra.

That Fighter Jet color is Ok, not great.
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I think you have to see a car in person, and in certain lighting, to appreciate a color. The first Mach I ever saw was a FJG that I test drove. It was OK, didn't do it for me, I agree with OP about it not appearing to be intended to match actual jet colors, but the marketing idea is good. I would have never ordered iconic silver had I not seen it in person on a sunny day.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Long story short I live near a major Ford dealership. A lot of 2021 Mustangs available including Mach 1s (none of them are MSRP or below). I took a visit and was incredibly disappointed with what I saw. For starters after the shock and awe of seeing all the Mach 1s (my main focus since I ordered one), I was incredibly disappointed with the Fighter Jet Grey color. It is not grey, it is noticeably green/bluish and more of a "light mint" color. I've been in and around several types of fighter jets, NONE have looked like this color. I understand it is very dynamic with different tones under different lighting but I just didn't like it enough despite it being "the look" for this car. I found pretty much every other color they had, looked better than this one. While nobody complains about "Fighter Jet Grey" Its already been confirmed thats its literally the same paint as cactus green. You can look up threads to see what others say about cactus green..... I wont go any further than to strongly advise people not to get this color without seeing it in person.

In addition the condition of these brand new cars was scary! Including several that where already purchased. Almost all were very dirty in the form of brown dust, that got deep into the external crevices of the car. The sports cup tires were caked with dirt and stained body panels from picking up whatever is on the road. It was as if the car was driven miles on unpaved road. The dealership is in an urban area and the cars get unloaded in the front, I have no clue where all the dirt is coming from. Was not a pleasant experience and was disturbing that they were receiving and/or treating some of their most expensive cars this way. I am now anticipating the need to do a lot of prep work before doing any type of PPF!
So prior to, or instead of PPF, have the car wrapped in a color you like. You can still leave the stripes and decals visible or pretty much do anything these days quickly and not permanent.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
FJG works great on Mach 1 with all the black and orange contrasts, without them, not so much (as seen on the de-striped car). I saw it in person and it looks great but I immediately knew it wouldn't be a colour of my choice. Same for me like white or black. Others have different tastes, though, and they love it.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
How dare you imply my Mach was built on the same line with the Ecoboost and not at a separate clean room facility /s

I bet the person that built mine finished a ecoboost c/s just before and didn’t even wash their hands
It has stickers. That makes it special. Stickers make everything special. They’re magic.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I like how people think Mach 1 and GT350 are special and deserving of special treatment because they're expensive. Ford doesn't give a poop about you, or your paycheck. It's not a luxury German make, or an one-off special edition from Ferrari. It's still a mustang with horrible paint, a squeaky interior and everything else whether a stock Ecoboost or the top of the line. Dealers can't get any inventory in, new or used, and I would genuinely be surprised if they washed cars with mittens instead of just running it through the wash down the street.
None of the Mustangs were washed at all, but to be honest id prefer it that way

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
None of the Mustangs were washed at all, but to be honest id prefer it that way
The day I ordered the Mach 1, the dealer had a black GT, a velocity blue GT, a race red Ecoboost, and an iconic silver Ecoboost all parked next to each other on the lot. Perfect way to compare the colors and it was nice and sunny out. My first impression was hmmm, why the heck would they have washed the silver one but not the others? Then I realized the silver wasn't washed either and it still really caught your eye in the sun, where the other three did not. I had already seen the FJG at another dealer and yellow or orange are not my style. Might have considered white but prefer metallics so it was a done deal.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
uh, it's a friggin' Mustang.

uhh, you new to Ford or something? Ford's paintwork has been reprehensible for years (decades?). The factory can't be bothered to inspect their paintwork or police bad sprays, let alone panel alignment.

Staging lots are frequently dirt which leads to mud, when it you know rains. If you want to receive your car in as "good" condition as it came off the final step of the assembly line, then I suggest you go order a vehicle from Bavaria and do an in-person pickup.
totally agree. my paint work has a spot on the roof that's not a drip, but like the paint got puddles in a small part. and the rear window, at the edge it looks like the paint is about to flake off. The car is 90 days old/new.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
red. f black. i’ll never get another black car again after my 2014 lol looks good for five min after you wash it then is nasty.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Do you have a garage to park it in and a desire to torture yourself keeping it clean? Get black because it is beautiful with the red accents.
otherwise get red.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
While nobody complains about "Fighter Jet Grey" Its already been confirmed thats its literally the same paint as cactus green. You can look up threads to see what others say about cactus green..... I wont go any further than to strongly advise people not to get this color without seeing it in person.
Always a risk to order/buy ANY color without seeing it in person.

Yes, Fighter jet Gray is the same paint code as Cactus GRAY (not green). Code: M7457.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My Lightning Blue F-150 doesn't look like lightning, either! I want a refund :p
Sponsored