Sponsored

Fighter Jet Grey is not... Grey + My underwhelming experience of a Mach 1 "delivery"

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
My Lightning Blue F-150 doesn't look like lightning, either! I want a refund :p
my velocity blue stang looks like….fast though. 🤣
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
From a guy with an Ecoboost, this sounds like a First World problem! I can vouch for looking at the colour in person though. At the time I purchased mine, I skipped Royal Crimson because it looked awful on the Ford website. I looked a coupe locally, dirty from sitting on the lot and in poor light late in the day, but thought it looked good, and have never regretted buying the colour.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
From a guy with an Ecoboost, this sounds like a First World problem! I can vouch for looking at the colour in person though. At the time I purchased mine, I skipped Royal Crimson because it looked awful on the Ford website. I looked a coupe locally, dirty from sitting on the lot and in poor light late in the day, but thought it looked good, and have never regretted buying the colour.
RC is one of my all time favorites!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I saw one at a car show this summer. I was not impressed with the color, but to each his own. Some people love the gray tones. It may take some time to grow on you though. I was not a fan of the avalanche gray when it came out, but man... I really love that color now.
As far as the dirty condition of the vehicles. Not sure about that... I know they sit in an outside lot in Michigan and transported on open carriers. The best thing to do is tell the dealership to NOT touch the car. Do the cleaning and prep yourself. Do a full inspection looking for something obvious before taking delivery. Take lots of photos while doing the prep so you can have evidence if something is not right...

Sponsored

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
It's worse than that. The janitorial staff throw water at it and use the same gritty filthy rags they used all month to wash every car that came through the service bay and off the transport
Probably. But I have to say, my GT was absolutely squeaky clean inside and out when I got it from the dealer with 20 miles on the clock. Tires were black, glass was clean, window sticker had never been glued on (my custom order, so it's a green sticker) and no finger prints anywhere. It was really hard to complain.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I went to white to be on the safe side. They both look the same in pics for the most part. Being OCD, white works best for me as it does not show dust as much :)
The FJG looks permanently dirty to me.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
The FJG looks permanently dirty to me.
To be fair though you have a dirty mind when it comes to this car. You have ruined the hood for me as I can’t walk in the garage and appreciate it without thinking penis sticker :cwl:

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
Is anyone having luck with dealers that will take orders on Mach 1s? I was looking at getting something else and then got interested in a Mach 1 after I drove a friends S500, there is one local dealer that has one but wants 15K over and a few others who want 6K over but none in the config I'd want and no one willing to take an order.

I used to have a 90 titanium frost LX and loved it, so the FJG color looked nice in photos, at sticker the car seems like a deal but for all of the markup costs and the lack of selection is making me think its a challenge to get one.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Probably. But I have to say, my GT was absolutely squeaky clean inside and out when I got it from the dealer with 20 miles on the clock. Tires were black, glass was clean, window sticker had never been glued on (my custom order, so it's a green sticker) and no finger prints anywhere. It was really hard to complain.
Thats cool, goes to show there are dealers (or individuals) that actually give a crap :sunglasses:

The window sticker is put on at flat rock not the dealers (even if it’s green), check out the pictures of the cars when they roll out of the back of the factory :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Is anyone having luck with dealers that will take orders on Mach 1s? I was looking at getting something else and then got interested in a Mach 1 after I drove a friends S500, there is one local dealer that has one but wants 15K over and a few others who want 6K over but none in the config I'd want and no one willing to take an order.

I used to have a 90 titanium frost LX and loved it, so the FJG color looked nice in photos, at sticker the car seems like a deal but for all of the markup costs and the lack of selection is making me think its a challenge to get one.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/granger-ford-mach-1-review.167691/

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
As far as the lots being dirty.....yea, that's just a classic Ford thing. Take the car to a good detailer and have them clean/paint correct and throw some ceramic on it or whatnot. That's my plan at least.
I got my Mustang from the factory without a spec of dirt on it. Maybe I was just lucky?
Sponsored