Sponsored

Fighter Jet Grey is not... Grey + My underwhelming experience of a Mach 1 "delivery"

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP FJG
If you are unhappy like I was after placing my order, get a satin PPF on it. It's absolutely gorgeous and makes it a lot more grey and seamless. Check my photos in case you want to see what it looks like.

If I were to do this again, I would Velocity Blue or Grabber Blue or Race Red. Life is too short and I became a pussy right before I pinged Granger...
Sponsored

OP
OP

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Id estimate ZERO delaers are selling under MSRP. A few are at MSRP, most have ADMs. Anyone who wants one can have one cheaper if they
The younger crowd I see around here driving Japanese cars don’t seem to know much of anything about cars. They drive around without a front bumper, I think it’s some kind of status symbol maybe? Lots of Subarus with so much camber I honestly don’t know how they complete 90 degree turns. If I was younger and on a budget I would consider a 2 door rwd z type car made by ford if it was a real competitor. I’ve had a Toyota and while it was cool, I was pretty underwhelmed with the features. I didn’t come away thinking I have to exclusively buy Japanese the rest of my life.
why wouldnt young people have import shitboxes when the cheapest American V8s are pushing $30k+. When EVs take over expect China EVs to be the new Japan / imports.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
why wouldnt young people have import shitboxes when the cheapest American V8s are pushing $30k+. When EVs take over expect China EVs to be the new Japan / imports.
the crowd i'm talking about is not often buying new. those that do, appear to be driving exclusively wrx's, maybe some nissans. those are not cheap by any stretch.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP
OP

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Wow, you will let the public decide what you are going to spend 50K plus on. Brave individual ou are.
:)
I liked both so why not lol. After seeing Yellow, FJG, White, and Shadow black in person, I went with shadow black.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Good choice.

I liked both so why not lol. After seeing Yellow, FJG, White, and Shadow black in person, I went with shadow black.

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase
I think the FJG is the fugliest color Ford uses. It looks like they just primered the car and clear coated it.
Every other color they have is better than FJG.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I think the FJG is the fugliest color Ford uses. It looks like they just primered the car and clear coated it.
Every other color they have is better than FJG.
Harsh! I quite like it (but not enough to buy a M1)

07S281E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saleen S281E, 2020 Shelby GT 350
Civic Type R seems like a decent ricer.

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Long story short I live near a major Ford dealership. A lot of 2021 Mustangs available including Mach 1s (none of them are MSRP or below). I took a visit and was incredibly disappointed with what I saw. For starters after the shock and awe of seeing all the Mach 1s (my main focus since I ordered one), I was incredibly disappointed with the Fighter Jet Grey color. It is not grey, it is noticeably green/bluish and more of a "light mint" color. I've been in and around several types of fighter jets, NONE have looked like this color. I understand it is very dynamic with different tones under different lighting but I just didn't like it enough despite it being "the look" for this car. I found pretty much every other color they had, looked better than this one. While nobody complains about "Fighter Jet Grey" Its already been confirmed thats its literally the same paint as cactus green grey. You can look up threads to see what others say about cactus green..... I wont go any further than to strongly advise people not to get this color without seeing it in person.

In addition the condition of these brand new cars was scary! Including several that where already purchased. Almost all were very dirty in the form of brown dust, that got deep into the external crevices of the car. The sports cup tires were caked with dirt and stained body panels from picking up whatever is on the road. It was as if the car was driven miles on unpaved road. The dealership is in an urban area and the cars get unloaded in the front, I have no clue where all the dirt is coming from. Was not a pleasant experience and was disturbing that they were receiving and/or treating some of their most expensive cars this way. I am now anticipating the need to do a lot of prep work before doing any type of PPF!

thats why I ordered silver Never been disappointed with any car ride ever ordered in silver any variant of silver whether a Porsche an Audi a BMW and I ordered my ram TRX in the silver as well yeah it's basically like a dark white that gray and it's definitely not metallic
Sponsored