fiberglass tonneau cover

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
I actually had a couple rock chips on the edge of my hood so I had my hood painted along with tonneau and spoiler at the same time and it was $1,800. I had some paint correction done and it is currently getting the front clip PPF. I think it came out killer.
123_1(4).jpeg
123_1(6).jpeg
Looks stunning, I wish there was an Aussie importer for these ☹
Sponsored

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Toyota - Soon to be Mustang GT Convertible

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
Cheers, has seen their site but I shudder think what freight will cost for such a large item. The cost converts to AU$1800.00 then add import duty and freight ☹, but they look stunning 🙂👍🏻
It's $699 USD to ship to Aus /NZ so it'd be about $2k USD all up, a lot when converted to AUD. Of course, you'd also have to add in the cost of colour matching it if you wanted to. I'm still convinced to get it though and being a removable item also has it's advantages. It just transforms the look of an already great looking vehicle into something really special.

Sponsored

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT convertible Oxford White
Looks stunning, I wish there was an Aussie importer for these ☹
I've just ordered one. Find yourself a freight forwarder and it will save you a small fortune - particularly if you regularly buy stuff from the States.

I use MyUS.

Nel66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nelson
Vehicle(s)
I've just ordered one. Find yourself a freight forwarder and it will save you a small fortune - particularly if you regularly buy stuff from the States.

I use MyUS.
Please keep us updated, I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks on your RHD car.

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)

I use MyUS.
Hi Will
I also use MyUS services, can you let me know what they charge you for freight in this, once they have it and work out a price?
I am envious
cheers jb

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Hi Will
I also use MyUS services, can you let me know what they charge you for freight in this, once they have it and work out a price?
I am envious
cheers jb
Will do, hopefully they should have it early next week.

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Hi Will
I am envious
cheers jb
$443.05 USD was the shipping to QLD.

I bought mine from Summit Racing, they only charged $60 internal shipping vs $199 directly from Clinched, so take that into account if you want to get one.

$1802.05 USD is my total delivered cost.

Now to find a good paint shop for when it arrives.... 🤔

Sponsored

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
$443.05 USD was the shipping to QLD.

I bought mine from Summit Racing, they only charged $60 internal shipping vs $199 directly from Clinched, so take that into account if you want to get one.

$1802.05 USD is my total delivered cost.

Now to find a good paint shop for when it arrives.... 🤔
Thanks Will 👍🏻
Can’t wait to see the photos and your report on its ease and speed of fitting and removal 🙂

FAnsari

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Faisal
Vehicle(s)
s550 GT 2017
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Will 👍🏻
Can’t wait to see the photos and your report on its ease and speed of fitting and removal 🙂
Yeah the shipping cost was high but absolutely worth it in my opinion. Got mine shipped to Australia early 2020. You can see some pics on my insta to show how they look on a RHD: @redpony69

I also have a short video on youtube:

ppsinsta copy5.JPG

08FBE463-B54D-436A-881D-42F64339F233.JPG

9571AA86-F2B1-4C99-B4B2-B521DA778A65 2.JPG

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Will 👍🏻
I ended up getting stung quite badly with import duties, which reminded me why I was always 'careful' with the paperwork in the past for more expensive items.

Anyway, it should be here next week, then I'll take it in to get painted Oxford White. My hood had to be replaced under warranty, but the panel shop has to redo the paint due to a defect they identified, so I'll probably give them the spider cover to do as a paid job.

It may be another month before it's all fitted and painted, but I'll be sure to post the results.

FAnsari

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Faisal
Vehicle(s)
s550 GT 2017
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up getting stung quite badly with import duties, which reminded me why I was always 'careful' with the paperwork in the past for more expensive items.

Anyway, it should be here next week, then I'll take it in to get painted Oxford White. My hood had to be replaced under warranty, but the panel shop has to redo the paint due to a defect they identified, so I'll probably give them the spider cover to do as a paid job.

It may be another month before it's all fitted and painted, but I'll be sure to post the results.
Yeah! the import duties really suck!!! Just from experience, I'd suggest to test install the spider cover to ensure that the fitment is to satisfaction as I had to make some small tweaks with a dremel. This way you'll have a fully functional and perfectly aligned and fitted spider cover otherwise it could be a pain once they are painted. Can't wait to see your ride after the install. All the best! cheers

WILDB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Yeah! the import duties really suck!!! Just from experience, I'd suggest to test install the spider cover to ensure that the fitment is to satisfaction as I had to make some small tweaks with a dremel. This way you'll have a fully functional and perfectly aligned and fitted spider cover otherwise it could be a pain once they are painted. Can't wait to see your ride after the install. All the best! cheers
Thanks for the tip, I will do that.

Just out of curiosity, was it fitting the side covers that needed tweaking, or other areas too?
Sponsored