jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I recently wrecked the nicest car I've ever owned(16 GTPP full exhaust, tune, e85). It was and is still sickening to me, but I'm ok and no one was hurt...sooo time to get back in the saddle...

My plans all along were to put a PD blower on the car, unless i found a centri for a deal i couldn't pass up. Finding out i would be a father put a temporary hold on this.

By my math i was into the GTPP 49k, after the blower you're looking to get close to 60k after supporting mods and tires.

I'm finding barely used GT350s getting close to 50k (a new one offered to me at right over 60k) and i believe headers and a tune would make me plenty happy on one of those. I read a lot of good things about them, just curious if they are that much more special than the car i loved.

So I'm just looking for opinions basically, i drive a 2 lane country highway or have the option for a more curvy backroad as my work commute, maybe 25-30 miles one way...Would you make a beast of a GT since you loved the last one, or would you save a tad(maybe sell a motorcycle) and get a GT350?
Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
GT350 for sure. Yea, your supercharged GT is faster in a straight line but its still a supercharged GT. The GT350 is a really special car.

Boss Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C43C
I have never driven a boosted GT but I have driven a Gt350 and that is one special vehicle which will have you grinning ear to ear every time you drive it.

I would think you could get a much better deal on a gt pp. I would opt for the gt350, it will also hold better value down the road.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I'd get a GT350....Voodoo, Magneride, active exhaust, front and rear Brembo's, and I really like the front end styling on them. Also, as others have said, it will hold it's value better.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I love my GT but if you can swing a GT350, do it. Nothing like that engine. I was lucky to get half a day in one.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
What are you into? If your a drag racer. Get the boosted GT. If your a road racer or just want a more collectible car. GT350.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
GT350. I love my GT and plan on buying another with aspirations of FI. But you only live once so if you can own a Shelby without breaking the bank, do it IMO.

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
Having driven both, back-to-back no less, I'm happy I made the choice of boosting my car vs getting a GT350. No doubt the GT350 is a very special car, but you make a few concessions when you go that route. Road walk was pretty bad, and to be expected with such wide front tires. The exhaust was glorious, yes. The special engine may be a problem at times.

For me, I'm very happy. A big tell to me was when the GT350 owner pulled over after only two miles in my car and said, "HOLY SHIT!" If I had the ability to go to a track day with any regularity, the GT350 would be in my garage hands down. But, that's not the case

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
If you are gonna toss the warranty out the window with either car I would go with a used GT and add forced induction.

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
If you are gonna toss the warranty out the window with either car I would go with a used GT and add forced induction.

Not all FI voids the warranty. Ford Performance package does not.

Sponsored

keiths2kgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT PP 50th AP
GT FI. Drive it like you stole it. Put as many miles as you want on it. No garage queen :)

OP
OP
jvandy50

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Thanks for the replies fellas, i haven't really used it for any kind of racing to justify one or the other...i will end up at some drag races a few times a year, but my dad and his buddies have the real deal cars and I'll probably be more spectating for some of those. I understand there is a road course in Memphis now(1.5 hrs away) and I'll check that out too. I really just like to enjoy what I'm driving and i couldn't set up a car for only one or the other I don't think.

My last car made me smile...my girlfriend's dad has a callaway vette and that tvs also made me smile.

I've had a couple people say "no matter what you do to the GT, it's still a GT"...i have no problem with that, except i do know it looks like reselling would be easier with the 350. This last car was my 4th mustang and it didn't feel like a mustang...I'm still proud of Ford for what they put together for the GT, and it sounds like the 350 is even more special

Last edited:

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Without a doubt save a tad bit more and pick up a 350. Bolt on a set of LTHs w/ a Lund tune.

OP
OP
jvandy50

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
unless I'm able to pull off the new 350, i will likely void warranty with a fury...on either car.

and neither will be a garage queen, i do have a jeep and bike to soak up some miles, but they've become the garage queens after liking the mustang so much lol